Military Brides
Options

vent..

So the military is stressing me out just a little! I have so many things to do! But I can't do hardly anything because the date might change due to schedules! UGHH!! I know, I know, that's the military for you! I just wanted to rant here. When I talk to FI about it he feels bad, which is not at all my intentions! I mean there is nothing he can do! That is just the way things go. I am just really needing to order STDs and invitations. We may not be doing STDs if I don't find out the date for sure soon. Anyhow. Thanks for letting me rant. I feel a little better now. :)
Anniversary

Re: vent..

• Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    STDs aren't necessary, so don't let them stress you out.  They are a relatively new thing, and people have had weddings for years and years before them withtout any problems.  I would just consider doing e-STDs once you finally have a date set. 

Its very frustrating.  We went through it too.  Our original wedding date was this New Years Eve, but obviously had to change since we are already married.  What you can do is pick out your ceremony and reception locations you want.  We knew where we were having it before we set a date.  Then once we knew when we had to have the wedding, I called both locations and asked for a list of available Fridays and Saturdays available in July and August, and compared the lists. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would just ditch the STDs.   They aren't a requirement and, like pp said, they are a relatively new thing. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going through the same thing now.  We decided to have a small ceremony with just the absolutely "necessary" people (we both have adult or nearly adult kids from previous marriages, parents, and one or two very important to us friends) and go to dinner afterwards, then when he comes back, have the bigger ceremony.
  • Options
    natalieervinnatalieervin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My real problem is that I have already booked the videographer and photographer. They both know that he is military so I am hoping they will be understanding. The photographer is former military and he is the only person we have put a deposit down on. The ceremony site is my small country church, so changing the date there won't matter if need be. And the reception will be in my parents front yard, so yet again, that won't matter unless it gets changed to a winter month. I am really just crossing my fingers that nothing will change. But if it does, I will deal with it. I don't know that we will be doing STDs regardless anymore. We started working on the guest list the other day. We both have really big families, so I think we will end up sending out 250 invitations! So I am thinking that will be way to expensive.. Thanks for the support! :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards