Texas-Houston
Options

Guest Accommodations

Does anyone have any suggestions of hotels they chose for guest accommodations? My wedding will be at the Bell Tower on 34 so anywhere in that area and extending towards the Galleria would be acceptable.

Do hotels ever offer shuttles to/from wedding for guests?

Re: Guest Accommodations

• Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Ask the Bell Tower I know they work with hotels for their events.

I used the Sheraton Suites on Westheimer and 610. We had a group discount for blocked off room for $99. It was very nice. They did have a shuttle service. You can talked to the concierege to see what it would cost to shuttle your guest.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much STBMrs.Martin!!! This really helps.
  • Options
    jobie02jobie02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Intercontinental will typically do a $99 rate as well. 
  • Options
    aplatanadaaplatanada member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Call the Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau: http://www.visithoustontexas.com/

They have someone dedicated to family reunions/weddings and they will put out a bid for you in the areas you specify, free of charge!
  • Options
    rrogers24rrogers24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Garden Hilton on Sage will have great rates as well along with shuttle.  I know most of the hotels in the Galleria area offer shuttle service which is a great way for people arrive at the wedding (but then that may defeat the purpose of paying for valet as I know you have to at Bell Tower)

• Options
    edited December 2011

I am trying to finalize a room block, too, and working with the Embassy Suites near the Galleria has been a difficult experience.  I'm not holding any of our events there - I just needed a room block - but they still wanted me to sign a contract with a cancellation clause, which would make me financially responsible if we had to cancel the room block or if we didn't use one room.  I found the person I worked with over there difficult to work with and not interested in helping me.

We will probably go with the Doubletree, which is also an all-suite hotel.  They quoted me a $99 room rate.  Plus, they give you freshly baked cookies when you check in! 

Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards