Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

First draft of my vows... Tell me what you think!

There's something about the way you know me that makes me feels like I'm breathless. The way you always fought for the little math nerd from a broken family, the way you never pulled away from me. The fact that you weren't like the other guys, you never lied. I know because I got mad at you so much about your lack of censorship. Maybe it's the fact that we were friends first, maybe the way we are so driven for what we want. You are my best friend, my soul mate, my other half. I'm so glad you're mine just because I'll never meet anyone just like you. You finish me, you complete me. At my worst, you are there, at my best, you are there. You are the support system I never had before. Thamk god I'm marrying my best friend. I love you more than anything. *Suggestions please*

Re: First draft of my vows... Tell me what you think!

• Options
    You put tears in my eyes.
    I love them.
    I was going to write mine, but I know I would WEEP!
    But these are beautiful!
    bekka marie
  • Options
    Well done....I love that you put a backstory in there about being friends. And, the math nerd part is so adorable. The only thing I would change is the first sentence I would write  "There's something about the way you know me that leaves me breathless." instead or  "There's something about the way you know me that makes me feels like I'm breathless."
  • Options
    I think it is nice also. You could possibly say something like "takes my breath away" instead of using the word "breathless".

I believe it is a matter of preference.

My FI and I are going to recite traditional vows then say our own directly after. I think his vows to me will be a surprize. I think he is still working on them but I won't mind proofreading his if he insists :)

I read my vows to him and he said they were great and it reminded him of my style of writing (I write poetry).

Congrats on your wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards