Texas-San Antonio
Options

Now what?!

I was all set for my reception at Main Street Ballroom, which burned down yesterday. 

I have 68 days to find a new venue... 

but I feel really bad for the couple that was supposed to get married there next week. 

Re: Now what?!

• Options
    geminagigeminagi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try these:
    Garden Heights Chapel & Country Cottage
    Riverwalk Plaza is right down the street from Main Street Ballroom. 
    If I think of more I will post. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    all of that is so tragic.  we had looked into that venue, it was beautiful.  i'm really sorry this has happened to you and the owners.

my suggestions: there's a chance some of the other venues on your short list that were previously booked may have had cancellations, i'd still doublecheck these and any others for cancellations or an open date.  your date is getting close to the holidays and not one of the busiest times of the year, but you're right, it's late.  the crystal room at old san francisco steakhouse is in a similar price range (the one we went with even though our ceremony and most guests are downtown)....you'd just have to charter guests out to the venue (or any other one not in riverwalk) which costs usually less than $800 for a large bus for the evening.  

there's also the banquet hall next to and run by the cathedral.  i don't believe you have to be marrying there or catholic to use.  

let us know what you turn up.  perhaps the venue can also put you in touch with other vendors they may have a relationship with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The venue next to San Fernando is the AT&T Community Centre. That's the venue I am going with. It doesn't seem like they advertise too much so I would def. try them because they are probably more likely to not be booked! Good luck!
  • Options
    kimmycake89kimmycake89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i heard on the news that they have a second hall and the manager is calling and working with all his brides.
  • Options
    sgamboasgamboa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank y'all so much for all of the suggestions. 

The manager was working with us, but one of the halls he was working with was booked on our wedding day, and the other wanted us to use their caterer, and we've already paid for our caterer in full. 

After taking a day off of work and calling about 40 places personally, and having a really good friend call about another 40, we finally found one! 

It's actually a whole lot cheaper than Main St. Ballroom. 

Again thank y'all for comisserating with me and giving me all of the suggestions!
  • Options
    DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooo who are you going with? Cuz I'm nosy like that...lol...
  • Options
    edited December 2011

ohh i also want to know.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards