Wisconsin

Reception Venues Southeastern Wisconsin

I just got engaged yesterday and we are getting married in August of this year.  It's really hard to find reception venues around here. Any suggestions?

Re: Reception Venues Southeastern Wisconsin

• edited December 2011
    August is a really popular month to get married. What venues have you been looking at?
    November 2011 Brides Siggy Challenge: Me & FI

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    What part of Southeastern WI are you intersted in hosting your reception?
    What is your estimated guest count?
    Any sort of "feel" you are going for in a venue?
  • msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are in Racine or Kenosha, I have a big list for you.  Where are you looking?? How many people? What type of venue?
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • edited December 2011
    200 guests and I want it to be semi formal
    Racine county would be wonderful!
    I live in Waukesha county so I'm looking in Racine, Milwaukee and Waukesha County
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Secret - email me at msteph @ gmail  - I can give you all the rundown on Racine.

We are having ours at Roma Lodge and they are amazing to work with and have fantastic food.
    ~ Missie

imageimageimage
    image image image
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ours is at the Elm Grove Woman's Club (www.egwc.org) - elegant space - can hold up to 200.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Reception Sites in Racine:   Marriott,     Infusinos,    Oak Creek Community Center,    Roma Lodge,    Racine Civic Center (Festival Hall),     Festival Park Tent,   Memorial Hall,  South Hills Country Club,    The Fountain Banquet Hall,     Masonic Center,    Racine Zoo Pavilion,     Dekoven Center,     Wind Point LightHouse (smaller),    Spinnakers,    Radisson Hotel,    River Bend Nature Center (smaller)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Roma Lodge is awesome, I can't say that enough.  They have made this entire process painless.

~ Missie

imageimageimage
    image image image
  • edited December 2011
    If you're looking for somewhere a little different and surprisingly inexpensive, check out the Sharon Lynned Wilson Center for the Arts in Brookfield (we'll be getting married there 5/26/12). 

www.wilson-center.com

They have all of their rental prices listed on the site, which is nice.  We are renting Dawes Studio Theater/Gerlach Outdoor Theater (both ceremony and reception at the same place) along with the male and female dressing rooms for 8 hrs for under $1000...even on a holiday weekend!  (It's even cheaper on a "regular" weekend.)

The only downside is that you have to use one of their caterers (there about about 8 to choose from), but we found 2 that were in our price range.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  Ours is at the Legend at Bristlecone in Hartland, WI.  Beautiful space and the site coordinator has been a dream to work with!

We also looked at the Golden Mast, Okauchee LAke Club, and the Legend at Brandybrook.

Happy Hunting!  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards