Texas-Austin

Wedding Favors - Jars of salsa or BBQ

Hello!

I would like to give jars of salsa or BBQ sause as a wedding favor.  Anyone have suggestions on where I can find these in Austin, Texas, or just online?  Or has anyone bought all the stuff to make them yourself?

Thanks,
Marissa

Re: Wedding Favors - Jars of salsa or BBQ

• edited December 2011

This probably isn't what you're looking for but we ordered bottles of hot sauce from theknot.com with personalized labels for our out of town bags. The hot sauce is SO good too - we opened a bottle to test it out and I've been using it on everything!

• erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Rudy's BBQ Sauce. I could drink it I love it so much. The bottles are pretty big but you could always buy little bottles and just rebottle the sauce.

https://rudysbbq.com/default.aspx

We love the jellies and salsa from Mrs. McArthur. She makes all the stuff on her own. I must say it is fantastic. When something is said to be hot/spicy it is the truth. what she makes is not the Tostitos Picante that you get in the supermarket. She makes the real deal. Do not know how many guests you have but it could get pricy ordering from her. To cut costs you could just have 1 jar of salsa/ jam per couple/ family.

http://www.thepepperlady.com/main2.html
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • maricheer9maricheer9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I was absolutely thinking Rudy's BBQ sauce if we went that route.  I'm just concerned about sealing the bottles.  If we do it ourselves, will the sauce stay fresh?  I'll check out that other site you sent me.
  • edited December 2011
    Cute idea! Stubb's BBQ Sauce is my absolute FAVE! It's very "Austin". What about buying it in bulk and then re-jarring it to small mason jars or something? Make a cute personalized label and voila!

• edited December 2011
    I would loooove this if I were a guest.  Super cute.  If you're not big on them matching, marshalls always has tons of salsa and bbq sauce.  I love the idea of stubbs or rudys, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards