North Carolina

Vendor reviews

Well, we're back from Fiji- which was beyond amazing. But that's not why I'm here. :) The wedding was wonderful. We were so grateful to have nice weather and wonderful memories. We really couldn't have asked for a better day.

Vendor reviews... We were married in Asheville but we honestly used vendors from various places so I didn't label this as Asheville necessarily.

Venue (incl. catering, cake, caramel apple favors: Biltmore Estate
biltmore.com
The staff at Biltmore is amazing. They go above and beyond to help accommodate you and really make planning easy. Our specific location was Deerpark. Maura was the sweetest and most helpful catering mgr. They steamed my dress the day before the wedding at the Inn. They handled my room blocks for me. The food was exceptional- everyone loved it. The cake was delicious. The favors looked great (caramel apples drizzled with chocolate). We couldn't have asked for a better location & our guests all loved it. It's a little pricey, yes. But IMO it was well worth it. My only "complaint" was the wording that was written on our cake was very unprofessional and looked like our flower girl wrote it (in print and not level and not all the same size) but honestly it wasn't even a big enough deal to mention. in the big picture. Grade: A

Wedding coordinator: Tara Jordan from Weddings with Tara
weddingswithtara.com
Tara was the best coordinator I could ever have hoped for. She was sweet, attentive, organized, and so helpful. She helped give me recommendations for a few vendors I didn't have yet. And I was so grateful to have her on my wedding day so I didn't worry about anything. Everyone loved her and loved working with her. Grade: A+

DJ & uplighting: Jill from All the Right Grooves
therightgrooves.com
Jill was a great DJ. We chatted a couple times before the wedding about what we wanted and what she could do. When it came to the wedding day, I had no worries. She set up uplighting for the ceremony & then added gels to them for the reception. The music was great & just what we asked for. Everyone had fun dancing the night away with no cheesy dances, bad advertising, or unnecessary announcements. She even gave us cds at the end of the night with all of the music that she used, which I didn't expect but thought was very sweet. Grade: A+

Florist: Alan from Blossoms at Biltmore Park
blossomsatbiltmorepark.com
Alan was an amazing florist. Especially for me who was planning things from SO far away (FL for those of you who don't know). We only met with him once in person and he had so many great ideas after seeing my inspiration photos. I gave him all the pictures of anything that I even remotely liked & he put them all together in an amazing vision. I was so excited to see what he would do and on our wedding day it couldn't have been more perfect. Everything he did was fantastic and stunning. We corresponded many many times via email and he was always so responsive and helpful. Grade: A+

Photographers: Ashley & David of Story Photographers
storyphotographers.com
I booked Ashley & David because of another knottie and her recommendation of them. After stalking their blog for a while, I was convinced I wanted to have them at our wedding. They were SO amazing to work with. So friendly and sweet and most importantly, their work is fantastic! They posted a teaser picture almost the next day after the wedding and then several more pictures the week after the wedding. Everyone was amazing. We were so happy to have booked them! Grade: A+

Videographer: Jerome of JC/DV Productions in TN
jcdv.com
Jerome was a great videographer. He was so nice to work with in coordinating what we wanted and was very responsive via email. Because he was out of TN, we didn't have to pay tax. He even had a few extra surprises for us on the day of the wedding which was so sweet of him. He was never in the way and we never realized he was there which was nice so there were no distractions. We haven't seen his final work yet but we're confident it will be just what we wanted. We didn't need anything fancy or artsy- just basic filming of our ceremony & the dances at the reception (he actually ended up staying all night!). Grade: A (I'm sure it'll be an A+ after we get the video)

Rehearsal Dinner: Limones in Asheville
limonesrestaurant.com
Karina, the catering mgr, was so accommodating and wonderful. The pricing was very reasonable and the food was delicious. We didn't want anything super fancy or extravagant. Just something personal, yummy, and relaxed. It's exactly what we wanted. Grade: A+

I think that's it for now. :) If I remember anyone else, I'll add them.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vendor reviews

• edited December 2011
    AW moment... in case you want to know what our wedding ended up looking like...
    Here's our photographer post:
    http://storyphotographers.com/?p=987
  • edited December 2011
    Oops... I did forget.

Hair & makeup: Suraj Spa & Salon
    surajspasalon.com
    The wonderful ladies at Suraj did an amazing job and were soooo accommodating to all of us. They did our hair & makeup and made a perfect schedule for everyone. The results were perfect! Grade: A+
  • kernvaleriekernvalerie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    your pictures are beautiful - congrats!

Can I ask where you rented your tuxes from and where your bridesmaids bought their dresses?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Gorgeous pictures!!!  Glad you had such a great time!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies! :)

We rented the tuxes from Men's Wearhouse. Having guys from all over kinda forced us to do it that way but the only "problem" we had was my brother's tux had a button that fell off. He fixed it by using a pin at the back so it was fine. I was glad to not have any huge rips or problems.

The bridesmaids picked their own dresses out from Mori Lee. I just told them espresso taffeta, floor length. They're in different states too so they just went to a local shop that carried the line & got them on their own. They were each around $100-120. Which wasn't bad. The only thing they said about them was that both dresses were sized weird. Obviously they're different sizes & they ordered different styles from different stores but both dresses came in & were tight around the waist & huge at the bust.
  • edited December 2011
    your flowers were gorgeous!! (and so were you!)  Congratulations!!

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, Melissa! I've loved seeing your baby boy on facebook! :) He's freakin' adorable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards