Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

wedding day gifts

what do i get my fiance for a wedding day gift? I dont know what to get. I need some help please!!!

Re: wedding day gifts

• Options
    This is pretty difficult to answer without knowing anything about your budget or what he likes, but here are some  ideas:

Budouir photo book

A list of reasons why you're so happy you're marrying him

A love poem

Cufflinks

A tech toy
  • Options
    I think a nice hand-written note or card would be the most meaningful.   A nice watch or cufflinks would be nice too.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Think of something he loves and get that. H and I set a 20 dollar limit because we were spending and getting so much. I got him a special issue of spiderman because he loves comics and he got me a purple tote bag because I love the color but could not find a way to work it into our wedding colors.

• Options
    I bought my fiance a nice watch this Christmas, but it's doubling as his wedding present because he wanted a watch for the wedding, and I just couldn't wait to give it to him :)

I plan on also writing him a note that day.
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    My husband's gift on our wedding day?  Me. 

And a beautiful wedding with our family is a gorgeous location.
  • Options
    thanks you guys!! I really like the idea of a budouir photo book. But i am not sure how he would feel someone else seeing me like that..
  • Options
    My friend did a boudoir photo album for her bf as a christmas present. Me and our other girlfriend took the pics and edited them all together. He loved that it was other women taking the pics (he's exact words: "that's hot") and we had SO much fun having a girl's day in taking the pics.
  • Options
    I'm getting my fiance a nice pocket watch; it's engraved and would be a nice keepsake for the day.
    Vacation White Knot
  • Options
    My fiance and his friends like to get together and smoke cigars every few weeks.  I am giving him a humidor stocked with cigars for his present.  An added surprise for him and his friends is a cigar lounge area far enough away from the reception to not affect other guests. It will be stocked with cigars for the GM. He is getting them all engraved cigar cutters for GM gifts and I am so excited to give him a really nice surprise that goes along with them.

Try to find something your fiance loves and make it special. No matter what you get, I am sure he will love it :)
  • Options
    cigars are a great idea... never thought about that! I'll definitely be talking to the GM about that one.
  • Options
    You know your FI way better than any of us (obviously). So it's hard to give advice on what to buy him. H and I exchanged cards on our wedding day; most of our money already went to paying for the wedding. So we didn't feel extra gifts were necessary. But if you want to exchange presents, think about what he would like. If he would be uncomfortable with a budoir photo shoot, then opt for something else.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_wedding-day-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:81150909-78ae-4542-a991-aab10033af31Post:c49a4193-f908-4f14-9bea-16709afde3ac">Re: wedding day gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks you guys!! I really like the idea of a budouir photo book. But i am not sure how he would feel someone else seeing me like that..
    Posted by jdvis1[/QUOTE]

I'm using a female photographer -- for my comfort not my FI's -- but do you think that would make him feel better too?
    Lizzie
  • Options
    I was thinking that would be better. i actually found a female photographer that does this, and was thinking of using her. I also thought of getting a tripod and attempting this myself, and printing it out on my photo printer and making either a scrapbook or just getting a real nice photo album.
  • Options
    It all depends on what your fiance is into for hobbies.  I am leaning towards a rather nice cigar for him - something he wouldn't spend the money on - and a bottle of scotch he can pair it with.  Cigars are a real passion for him and he loves trying to pair them together the same way I pair wine with food...that's an occupational hazard for me though.  I work with wine on a daily basis :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards