Virginia
Options

Omg. I won the Vow Bridal event grand prize.

I still can't believe it.  Today FI and I went to the Vow Bride show in VA Beach, which was really beautiful.  We booked our photographers and got some great ideas for other vendors.   After the runway show they did a drawing for a few prizes, a necklace, a book, and the Grand Prize, which was like $18,000 worth of gift cards for local vendors.  Two other women won the book and necklace (which were both really nice) and they made a big deal about announcing the grand prize winner. Aaannnnddd they called my name.

I pretty much couldn't breathe.  They grabbed me and ran me up to the stage to introduce myself and presented me with a huge package of gift cards and vendor info and a bucket of cookies for the FI because "we all know that's the way to a man's heart."  I've been looking through the stuff and some of it is really really really awesome!  I still can't believe that it's real.  It's been an insanely great day.

Here's all the stuff in the package:
http://vowbride.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&mid=8F3A7027421841978F18BE895F87F791&tier=4&id=7EA0EA41530A44C2AC83A0A0C21D5C0E

Ok, end gushy rave.  Were any of you VA brides there? (And more importantly, exactly how blush-y and stunned did I look on stage?)  Smile
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Omg. I won the Vow Bridal event grand prize.

• Options
    GekkoKGekkoK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't there, but CONRATULATIONS!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wasn't there either but congrats!!!!  That's freaking amazing :)

I looked through the vendors- you get a discount on who I'm using for lighting!!  (I love his work).  Pictures at the Hermitage will be gorgeous!!!  I'm sure you're on cloud 9- have fun!!!
  • Options
    lily1346lily1346 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!  I'm particularly excited about photos at the Hermitage.  It was something I already wanted but didn't have the $300 to spend on!  We're combining that one with a 2 hour shoot from Grant Deb Photography (beautiful work), professional makeup from BridesMade by Kim Wadsworth (the same lady who does all the makeup for Vow Magazine) and the 90 minute photo montage from Digital Dreammakers so we can project our engagement shoot on a wall at the reception. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    agent99fyiagent99fyi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was....very excited for you!!! Congrats. I hope you get everything you want and more!
  • Options
    lily1346lily1346 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!  It was the world's biggest shock and it probably showed.  Are you getting married soon too? :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow that is so awesome! I wasn't there either. We have most of our vendors booked for our July '11 wedding, so it wasn't worth the entry fee for me. But it clearly was worth it for you!
  • Options
    lily1346lily1346 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It certainly was!  Are you a Hampton Roads bride too?  I'm still looking for recommendations on a few vendors, haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am. Feel free to send me a PM about what vendors you still need.
  • Options
    lily1346lily1346 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was there, my mom helped you find a seat. You looked very calm on stage, and happy. I was super thrilled for you. Your man looked about ready to faint however!. LOL! Update us as you go along.
    If you were coming in the fall I'd brush the summer by...Emily Dickinson imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to go to that SO BAD!! but i recently started a new job and had to work :( 

congratulations!! I've heard that is the best bridal show around here.

I am also a HR bride, PM me if you need any help!! :)
    September 2011 December Siggy: First Kiss
    imagePregnancy Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Blog!
  • Options
    lily1346lily1346 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_omg-won-vow-bridal-event-grand-prize?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:12d9fcfa-daa2-4961-9461-e9e09b51ecfePost:4f91a770-fd73-4229-afee-ef4343b3ef1b">Re: Omg. I won the Vow Bridal event grand prize.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was there, my mom helped you find a seat. You looked very calm on stage, and happy. I was super thrilled for you. Your man looked about ready to faint however!. LOL! Update us as you go along.
    Posted by pinkcottoncandy7[/QUOTE]

Haha, it's so weird encountering Knotties without even knowing it!  It's a wonder I looked calm.  I certainly wasn't.  And super hilarious that Eric was so shocked!  Haha, I wish I could have seen his face.  I got whisked up on stage before I had time to think!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards