Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

New(-ish) to the board!!

Hi everyone!!

My fiance and I have been engaged since the end of August, but we've just started to really get into the meat and potatoes of planning. We've got the basics (mostly) hammered out- date is picked (June 22rd, 2013), venue is pretty much settled, guest list is about done...but I know we have a lot of little things to take care of over the next year and a half!! 

I've already posted a few times on here, but I figured it was time to do a formal intro...I look forward to getting to know you ladies and share the ups and downs of wedding planning!!

**Emily**

Re: New(-ish) to the board!!

• cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welcome!  Hope you post more often.

So what's the venue? How did your FI propose?
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • erbear84erbear84 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • emilyb213emilyb213 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Pretty sure we're going to go with Stonebridge Farms Nursery in Economy, PA. It's beautiful...I never really considered an outside wedding/reception until I took a look at their website.

As for the proposal...it was pretty low-key...we were getting ready to meet a friend for drinks one Friday evening, and I kept shutting off the lamp in the living room, and he kept turning it back on, because he was trying to set the stage. Finally, after three cycles of me turning it off and him turning it back on, I started grumping at him about how he needed to stop mucking around so we could go...he told me to sit down and be quiet for a minute because he had something for me. We were about 6 weeks away from closing on our house, so I wasn't expecting a proposal at all (since we had so much going on already). At the most, I thought it was going to be a little gift and a promise to go ring shopping after the holidays (because I had found out that he went to my parents' earlier in the week to talk to my dad- he and my dad are two of the worst liars I know, and didn't bother to come up with a cover story as to why he was at my parents', an hour and a half away...). So, anyways, I did sit down and shut up, and he brought out a vase of flowers, and a card, and as I unfolded/read through the card, he had written his proposal throughout the card. It was really sweet, really unexpected, and perfect!!

Just typing that all out made me giddy and excited all over again!! Can't wait to get to know everyone on here!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! Welcome to the boards!

Oh, and you are getting married on my birthday! Yeay!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards