Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Help!! I am breaking out like a 12 yr girl who just hit puberty! :-)

Help!! I am breaking out like a 12 yr girl who just hit puberty! LOL

Ok so my wedding is way away.. But I am a MOH in a week.. and I am breaking out horribly. (This has been over a week, it seems to get getting worst)

Face wash etc everyday.

I am at a lost here..Any tips??

My derm takes forever to get an appt.

THANKS!!!!
Till Baby E Money Comes! BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Help!! I am breaking out like a 12 yr girl who just hit puberty! :-)

• Options
    Does the facewash you are using have salicyic acid or benzoic peroxide in it? Those always help me. Are you under a lot of pressure, ie: work or school or going through something stressful? That sometimes makes be break out bc it triggers oil production in my face. Maybe you could try a facial mask.

• Options
    Yes it has salicyic acid. And no I am not really stressed about anything.. (I thought maybe it had to do something with my "time" but that was 2 weeks ago).

I will try a mask.

Thanks!
    Till Baby E Money Comes! BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    When was the last time you changed your pillowcase?  Switch to a satin pillow case (holds less bacteria) and make sure you're washing it often. 

Wait until AFTER you're MOH.. but there's a mask by Pur Minerals that works really well.  It's their mud mask.  But it's a purger.. which means that it needs to get rid of all the junk first, so your skin may get worse before it gets better.  You need to stick with it... but your skin will look great once it's finished purging.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    I change my sheets every Sunday. I will try the satin pillow case and the mask after the wedding.

And I have used proactive before and it made me horribly dry (this is when it first came out)...Is it better now? I don't usually break out this bad.. This times it's like it's getting worst not better.
  • Options
    I started using clindamycin - u have to get script for it but works wonderful. My face started breaking out worse than it did when I was in school. This has really helped! I used everything over the counter & nothing worked. The wedding is a year away but the sooner I got my skin under control one less thing to worry about =D
  • Options
    Oh, another thing: do you talk on the phone a lot, esp at your job? If you do, I know a dirty phone can cause breakouts. I would try wiping it with a cotton ball with some rubbing alcohol on it and see if you notice a difference.
  • Options
    Makeup too. Is your makeup non-comedogenic? make sure you're using a makeup that is good for your skin type. Sometimes breakouts are the result of an allergic reaction. I used clindamycin for a little while and it actually made my skin worse, because I have chemical allergies. You can also go to your regular doctor to ask what they can do for you.
  • Options
    I use Thoroughly Clean face wash by Desert Essence.  It's a natural product that has tea tree oil in it which is great at keeping bacteria at bay.  I buy mine in the organic food aisle at Giant grocery store (I live in PA) but you would be able to find it at any place that sells organic/natural beauty care products.

Whole Foods, probably Wegmans, I think Vitamin World sells it too.  I have been using it for several years and it really works w/o drying your face out.

Good luck!
  • Options
    About 3 years ago, out of nowhere, I started breaking out like crazy. And OP, Proactiv didn't work for me either. It totally dried out my face to the point where I had to put vaseline all over it twice a day for a week just to get it to stop chafing. The only thing that did work for me was to see my dermatologist. I think if its a hormonal issue, not a skin care issue, you might need something medicated. Try calling back to see if they can squeeze you in, sometimes they have cancellations, or they just take mercy on you :)

Good luck!
  • Options
    I have VERY sensitive skin and anything will brake me out!  I switched to Bare Minerals makeup over a few years ago and its a world difference!  It really does cover good and has SPF15 in all the makeup I use as an added bonus. 

Whatever you do DON'T pick at it or squeeze anything...it will just flare it up and take longer to go away, learned that the hard way.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • Options
    check out my recent post here called "yay for clear skin"
    i bought Obagi's Clensiderm for about $160.00 and it changed my skin IN ONE USE!!!! it's basically proactiv on steroids. get some!!!!!!
  • Options
    This REALLY worked for me. I have combo skin that is acne prone.(The best advice I got was to focus on skin care from all angles, not just products, but also life style choices) I would start now:

1. multi vitamin daily
    2. Lots of water (even though some people say you don't need this, it made a HUGE difference for me to drink 8 glasses a day) no sugary drinks and decrease sugary foods/white flour foods
    3. Keep hair out of face as much as possible, as well as at night I would tie my hair back loosely with a soft hair band to avoid messing up my hair. I'll add keep hands off face but I am sure you already know that
    4. Cod liver oil every night (one teaspoon, available at whole foods-just trust me, does not taste bad)
    5. Make up remover (clinique eye make up remover-or almay make up remover oil free pads) all over face (at night before washing my face)
    6. Face Wash day and night, don't ever skip this no matter how tired you are (Body shop tea tree oil-not the foaming one) (I have heard the clinique 3-step for oily or combo skin is great as well)
    7. Tone (body shop seaweed toner)
    8. Moisturize (clinique dramatically different moisturizer day and night) (I got rid of my aveeno moisturizer with SPF, I didn't realize it was much too heavy for me even though it said oil-free non-comodegenic, which they all say. I use my clinique moisturizer now and rely on my liquid makeup for the SPF protection instead. I think this change made the biggest difference in my skin
    9. exercise daily (for improved circulation and stress reduction, even if it is just a brisk walk on some days-something more intense at least 3 days a week)
    10. Disinfect cell phone, computer key pad, remote control, purse handle, steering wheel, car key as often as possible (at least a few times a week)
    12. vitamin e oil on any dark spots from previous blemishes
    13. 100& tea tree oil (available at whole foods) on any blemishes
    14. Apply liquid foundation with washed hands (not sponge or brush)
    15. Fresh towel regularly
    16. Fresh pillow case regularly
    17. use blue tooth instead of cell as much as possible
    18. exfoliate once a week with st ives apricot scub (Do this very gently. If you can afford a better exfoliator that is more gentle use it 2-3 times a week)
    19. Eat healthy-lean proteins, good carbs, lots of vegetables and fruit (low sodium v8 juice after workouts for me-this made a big difference)
    20. Smile as much as possible! Trust it will go away.

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards