Flowers
Options

DIY Floral

I am looking to put together my own arrangements for centerpieces and bouquets and I am having a tough time deciding on how many flowers roses to put into my arrangements in relation to size. Anyone who has done flowers have a count with pics? I was thinking 12roses 10 spray roses for centerpieces with a couple fillers, 30 flowers for bridesmaids of a mix of spray roses and roses, and finally that same mix for my bouquet.

Re: DIY Floral

• Options
    My advice would be to go to a groccery store and buy some bunches of roses (both spray and regular) and and make up a mock centerpiece and bouquet.  This way you will visually see what the sizes will be with the number of flowers you are thinking of.  Once done you can then adjust accordingly by adding more flowers or taking away flowers or using more or less spray roses or regular roses.

This will also give you a chance to practice before you have to make the real thing.

• Options
    I used 4 roses, 4carnations and 5 dahlia flowers with 2 sprays of babys breath the vase is 5.5in and with the flowers its 11in high and about 9in wide. each flower is around 2- 3in blooms mine are fake. I'm sure you want real flowers but practicing with fake flowers is a good idea. you can keep arranging and adding and you can take your time without the flowers going bad
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_diy-floral-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:416eafc8-3f8b-4bc8-8bdc-38e89624b20bPost:ace8e6dc-368f-40a8-b6bc-d0fca2c53c9d">Re: DIY Floral</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used 4 roses, 4carnations and 5 dahlia flowers with 2 sprays of babys breath the vase is 5.5in and with the flowers its 11in high and about 9in wide. each flower is around 2- 3in blooms mine are fake. I'm sure you want real flowers but practicing with fake flowers is a good idea. you can keep arranging and adding and you can take your time without the flowers going bad
    Posted by lringue[/QUOTE]

You are really talented! Beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards