Georgia-Atlanta

Engagement Pic outfit...

So I am thinking about getting my engagement pictures done soon, so I can give them to my family and friends since I am visiting them soon. 

My problem is I am not sure what I should wear. I am planning on taking them at Marietta Square, I think it looks very pretty there. What did some of you guys wear for your E-pic session? TIA 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement Pic outfit...

• edited December 2011
    I would wear either a nice pair of jeans, sassy heels and a cute top, or a flattering dress and aforementioned sassy heels. :)
  • cutypie953cutypie953 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took a 2 different shirts so they would look a little different.  The biggest advice I can give are:

1.  Don't wear anything with a lot of patterns, solid colors are best, for both you and FI.   In my case, FI wore a white polo and jeans and I wore a solid purple shirt with jeans then later changed to a solid red shirt.  

2.  Wear something that isn't too trendy/modern for fashion now that you'll look back on 10 years from now and say "ew, what was I wearing!"  

3.  Look at other people's engagement pics and get some ideas of what you like.  I did this AFTER I took mine and saw some of the best ideas, I was so bummed I didn't know to use those ideas before we had our photos taken!
  • edited December 2011
    black always photographs well....patterns are fine if you know how to use them :) lay everything out on the bed to make sure your outfits coordinate (colors/patterns) if you wear a pattern, have him wear a solid or vice versa. add cute jewelry for a pop of color.  here are 2 examples:

• edited December 2011
    Thank you for all of the ideas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mstar284mstar284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing ours at Kennesaw Mountain, so we are both wearing dark jeans and sandals. He is going to wear wear a turquoise polo, and I'm going to wear a dark blue tank top. Very casual and fitting for the outdoors. We're even bringing our dog to get a few shots with her. She's our little baby.

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    @mstar284 I was thinking about going there or Marietta Square. Who is taking your e-pics? I am looking at two different photographers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mstar284mstar284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't signed a contract yet, but I think I'm going with Sublime Photography.  They were recommended by a friend of the family.

http://www.sublime-photography.com/

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Premier Wedding Photography. http://chrisbrock.org. I am wearing a cute yellow dress and my finance is wearing a blue polo. I really like the colors together! 
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, I really like Premier's photo gallery, there are so many pictures to look at! I think I am leaning more toward him. I am going to call him soon to see if I get a good connection on the phone! Thanks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That is who I booked with! I loved my engagement portraits. I went to Kennesaw Mountain. Chris made us feel really relaxed and comfortable. He actually got real smiles from my fiance, I was SOOOOOO happy! I hope you like him too!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, I haven't signed a contract but I am having him shoot my engagement pictures. We are taking them next Friday. I can't wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards