Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Laughable etiquette

DH & I got a wedding invitation for a wedding next month... one of his former coworkers.  The inside envelope was addressed to "Stevieboo and Heidi."  Apparently she's always called him that on Facebook.  They live on the opposite coast and we have never met his fiancee.  I should also note that there were not 1, but 4 registry cards included with this invitation.

I wonder if she's even mature enough to get married.

Re: Laughable etiquette

• Options
    ... no words

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_laughable-etiquette?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:854624af-bd9b-486b-b385-70e622f4d8dbPost:c8716b50-87ec-41a3-8194-ad5803da7084">Laughable etiquette</a>:
    [QUOTE]DH & I got a wedding invitation for a wedding next month... one of his former coworkers.  The inside envelope was addressed to "Stevieboo and Heidi."  Apparently she's always called him that on Facebook.  They live on the opposite coast and we have never met his fiancee.  I should also note that there were not 1, but 4 registry cards included with this invitation.<strong> I wonder if she's even mature enough to get married.</strong>
    Posted by sunflower1998[/QUOTE]

<div>The lack of proper etiquette has nothing to do with maturity.  Using a nickname is probably a bit informal for a wedding invitation, but even still.</div><div>
    </div><div>Currently one of my co-workers is passing out her wedding invitations, only part of our team is invited.  Poor etiquette, and rude?  Sure.  But, I have no questions on her maturity.</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think the Stevieboo and Heidi thing on the *inside* envelope is funny.

But, the four registry cards are not.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_laughable-etiquette?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:854624af-bd9b-486b-b385-70e622f4d8dbPost:88c215ea-c78f-4a17-87ad-90f2fdfef0ca">Re: Laughable etiquette</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Laughable etiquette : The lack of proper etiquette has nothing to do with maturity.  Using a nickname is probably a bit informal for a wedding invitation, but even still. Currently one of my co-workers is passing out her wedding invitations, only part of our team is invited.  Poor etiquette, and rude?  Sure.  But, I have no questions on her maturity.
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.

If one of FI's friends send us an invite and he was referred to as Jimbo or something like that, I would probably laugh. They most likely did it as a joke...not for you to question her maturity.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_laughable-etiquette?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:854624af-bd9b-486b-b385-70e622f4d8dbPost:63c53b9c-464a-4e45-8b76-c0c9207f0c0e">Re: Laughable etiquette</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the Stevieboo and Heidi thing on the *inside* envelope is funny. But, the four registry cards are not.
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. It's an inner envleope meant only for the couple to see. NMS per se, but I do think it's funny.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    Nickname; NBD.  For our closest friends we're putting nicknames on their inner envelope / pocketfold.  

Surplus of registry cards:  mail them back to her in a plain envelope

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards