Texas-Houston

Work out partner in Huntsville.. Please!!

I'm looking for a work out partner to help shed some weight before my wedding. I don't even want to think about dress shopping till this happens... Wedding is in April 2012... Anyone...anyone at all? Or some good pointers would help. Starving myself is out of the question... I get sick...

Re: Work out partner in Huntsville.. Please!!

• edited December 2011
    you shouldn't starve yourself anyways to try and lose weight. That is a horrible thing you can do to yourself. Do you have an iPhone? There are plenty of apps that will help you. You decide how much weight you want to lose in how much time and it will tell you your daily calorie goal you need to be at. You enter your food and it totals up the calories so you know where you are at the entire day. The app I am currently using is MyFitnessPal. :)
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bearkat here.

Are you thinking about working out on campus like at the HKC, around town, or at Ironworks?
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• edited December 2011
    hey! i'm in huntsville!

i'm getting married in March.

i'm a yoga instructor at Natilus and doing the Bootcamp there as well. 

it's been GREAT! i'm a pretty good workout buddy too.

• edited December 2011
    Awesome!!! I don't have the money to join a health club... I'm waaayyy to out of shape to do a boot camp...I know there's not much to do then... Walk/jog around the track or something. I have a wii and I do some things on it...
  • edited December 2011
    Well just kinda on my own. I'm out of school.. So can't use hkc... And iron works and others cost... Eat 'em up kats!! My little brother played football at sam for 4 years...
  • edited December 2011
    I wasn't going to starve myself... I have heard of my fitness pal.. I will have to try that... Thanks for your help!!!
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    edited December 2011
    @Argyle - What bootcamp do you do? I am interested.

@ FutureMrs - My email is PJS001@shsu.edu if you want to try emailing me and try to figure something out.
    And now we are as one

• edited December 2011
    i do the bootcamp that is taught at Natilus gym.  you need a membership to attend it, or you can pay 10/a class and not be a member, but that is ridiculous as the membership is so cheap.

it's taught by an army ranger, we do tons of pushups, cardio, lots of lifting using our own bodies etc etc.  my arms are in GREAT shape now, no more turkey leg upper arm which is great as my dress is strapless.

@furturemrs:  as for being too out of shape, there are people of ALL levels doing the camp, he doesn't yell at you if you can't keep up, there is one man that walks through everything while we're all running, but at least he's out there.  when the weather turns away from the 100's i plan on getting back out and running outside more.  if you want to come and join me, i'm totally up for that. i'm a slow runner, but i'm trying to work on that. 

let me know if you need anything. 
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    edited December 2011
    How much is the membership there? And is the bootcamp co-ed, like guys and girls?

My husband and I have been looking for something, but most "bootcamp" type things are gender specific.
    And now we are as one

• edited December 2011
    if you work for the county or TDCJ or anything like that.. it's 28 a month, and if you add on a spouse or another person it's 6 bucks more.

i'm not sure what it is if you don't, but it can't be that bad, the classes they offer are outstanding and well worth it i think.

the bootcamp is co-ed.  there usually seems to be more guys then girls, but us girls hold our own. 
  • edited December 2011
    @ argyle... I think I may come there and get a membership. It will be worth it in the long run and I know I will be more apt to do it I have a work out buddy... I will warn you though that I am way out of shape...
  • edited December 2011
    hey i'm upbeat to the point of being obnoxious haha.

come to my yoga class too. i have people of all shapes and sizes.

the boot camps is tough, but one guy has already lost 20 lbs, and i've slimmed down a bit too. just push yourself. but don't kill youself, know what i mean?

i'm skylar, btw.  can't miss me.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi skylar I'm Nicole... I know someone who works there.. Or atleast she use too.. Carrie? Anyways... I'm going to see what I can do. I'm currently looking for a job.. So we shall see. I'm sure I will be by soon!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards