California-San Diego

Average price of caterers in San Diego

Whats the average price for a caterer for 100 guests?  Anyone know of a good caterer for less than $3000 in San Diego?  Buffet style is totally ok with me.  Are silverware, plates, glassware and napkins usually included?  Do they give discounts for Sunday weddings?  Im very open and flexible

Re: Average price of caterers in San Diego

• LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $30 pp is not a terribly difficult price per person. However, what isn't accounted for are service charges, wait staff, chefs, bartender, gratuity etc. Those items were more expensive for us than the food itself. Also, our glassware rental for 120 people was quoted between $600-$800 (depending on what glasses we wanted) alone on top of the other costs. I know that's not terribly encouraging..

What would be helpful, though, would be to look into a restaurant to cater who already has the glassware, china, flatware. If they don't have to rent them, perhaps they can pass some of the savings on to you. That helped us.

Some vendors give a Sunday discount, others do not. But it can't hurt to ask! Also be up front about your budget. Don't be afraid to say it right off the bat. I think you'd be surprised that people want to do their best to accommodate you if they can. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards