Registry and Gift Forum
Options

What to register for?

So I know I don't want china. However I also don know what I should register for since my fiancé has his home listed right now and when his sells we are kicking the month to month renter out of my condo and living there while we try to sell it. We cannot buy a home until both properties sell. So the problem is I have no idea what to register for because I don't know what home will look like yet. Is asking for BBB giftcards fine or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Re: What to register for?

• Options
    Register for things that are not decor-specific. We were moving shortly after the wedding, so we just registered for upgrades on things, like pots and pans, blender, toaster, etc. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    It's pretty much a sure things that you'll have a kitchen, a couple bathrooms, a bedroom or two, right?  Just be more generic with your gifts.  Asking for gift cards is no different then asking for money.
  • Options
    There's a great stickied post at the top of this main board page - it's a great list to use! It helped me add smaller items to our registry. There are plenty of items you can add as upgrades without being decor specific. If you are hoping for monetary gifts, just have a small registry. People will get the hint - or buy you something else. Be thankful anyway :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • Options
    When we registered at BBB, it took a couple hours but we went into the store and walked around the whole place with a registry associate. She was incredibly helpful and tailored her recommendations on our situation.

If you're thinking BBB I would take the time to go into the store to register and you can always add/delete things when you get home. We ended up with a lot of upgrade items and virtually no decor on our registry. If you don't have a whole lot on your registry, you might end up with some BBB gift cards anyway.
  • Options
    I don't know where we'll be living either, and honestly it was never a problem. I decided I generally like blue as a color for kitchen stuff, so I went with that. Do you know what size your bed is? If so register for sheets. Otherwise it won't really matter, you can envision your home without knowing exactly what it will be like b/c pots and pans, etc are one size fits all
    Dreaming of our Hawaiian honeymoon! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    a vacuum. I didnt register for a vacuum and I am still mad at myself.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am going to register only because as a wedding guest I like to have a list to work with when I'm shopping for a gift that I will not show up without. My FI and I have everything we need, but like some of the other posts have recommended, we will register for upgrades or sets that people can buy a few pieces of. I would never register for a gadget that I might only use once. I love that my parents still have their wedding gifts so I'm probably going to steer away from electronics etc... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards