Virginia
Options

Honeymoon Planning

Has anyone worked with a travel agent for a cruise or honeymoon trip?  What kind of percentage do they earn and is it really the best way to plan a trip?

Re: Honeymoon Planning

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going on a cruise for our honeymoon and we aren't using a travel agent. We are cruising with Norwegian, and they have a representative who has helped answer a lot of questions about the ship and cruise for us.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're booked on a Norwegian cruise.  From what I was told, the only way a travel agent can beat Norwegian's price is to do something like booking a bunch of rooms to get the group rate and then selling them off individually.  The only other thing they're allowed to do is offer extras.  Might vary by cruise line.

Beyond that, I think if you're willing to do the leg work yourself, you can beat the travel agents
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @jtmh, This will be our first time cruising with Norwegian. Have you cruised with them before?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_honeymoon-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:b993630a-3a0c-4840-bc07-dd4ebfe497d5Post:3daf34f1-9c25-4950-825f-011a326d2015">Re: Honeymoon Planning</a>:
    [QUOTE]@jtmh, This will be our first time cruising with Norwegian. Have you cruised with them before?
    Posted by sprtychick10[/QUOTE]

Not yet.  This is the first cruise I've ever been on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ok, thanks! I have cruised with Royal before but this is my first time with Norwegian.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    sabseay88sabseay88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went on a Carnival Cruise on our Honeymoon and we did not go with a travel agent because they were going to charge us like $200 more than we could have got it for from Carnival.com. If you book it like a year in advance ad put down the deposit you get a major discount!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards