Wisconsin
Options

Ceremony Trouble-Need Help

Hello!,

I'm hoping I can get some help/advice.  My fiance and I are trying to figure out what we should do for our ceremony in Milwaukee.  We have agreed to either have it in a unique catholic church or somewhere outdoors performed by a priest/father/decan/minister....
Here's the problem, a lot of catholic churches will not allow a ceremony to be performed outside of the church and we are not part of any churches in Milwaukee, but this is the place we want our wedding to be.

Does anyone know a place or a father/priest to talk to about this?

I appreciate all the help/advice!

Mara

Re: Ceremony Trouble-Need Help

• Options
    jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you live in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee?  If so, you have access to the Cathedral of St. John.  Another option would be to join a parish in Milwaukee and start attending Mass there at least occassionally.  I've also read about several people being married at the Gesu Church on the Marquette Campus.  What part of Milwaukee are you looking for?

ETA:  Just an FYI for your protection.  You might want to create a different username that doen't include your actual name or your new name.  There have been situations where Knotties have been stalked and even had their vendors canceled by someone who knew their name from TK.
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are part of a parish in Muskego.  We are having the reception in Milwaukee and we are up to having the ceremony in any area of Milwaukee.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards