Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Skin care..

Hi all,

I have a problem that has been bugging me since we got engaged. Throughout my whole life I have always had a tendency to break out right before I'm about to get an important picture taken. (Ex: proms, school picture day, getting my license & passport photos, etc).

It's almost like because I am so stressed about my skin looking good, I break out. I normally have clear, nice skin except for when I know an important photo is coming up.

Anyways - I'm super nervous about breaking out for my engagement shoot, and my wedding day. I know our photographer can use photoshop, but we all know how much of a confidence ruiner a pimple can be.

I ALWAYS break out in the exact same spot: either below my right lip, or in the center between my nose and lips.

Does anyone else have this problem, or does anyone know how to prevent the breakouts/can anyone tell me about some good face washes they use to prevent breakouts? I don't use face wash, I have always used Dove soap bars (and like I said, I usually have really good skin).

Sorry for the long post!

Re: Skin care..

• Options
    Hey sweetheart, what your experiencing a hormonal breakout. Unfortunatly, the key to controling this kind of breakout is low stress .  You can pack on as much product as you like but the chances are if you don't relax it will surface anyway. 

So, what I recommend is two weeks prior to your shoot, if possible, get an enzyme peel. It is a mild acid peel to rejuvenate the skin. Follow up with aftercare skincare regement and a day prior do something relaxing go to the gym sit in the sauna, get a swedish body massage.

The key is relaxation,

www.labelleartiste.com
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I started using Murad acne treatment a few months before my wedding. I was fine with breakouts until I got a facial 3 weeks before my wedding. I ended up breaking out and they didn't go away before my big day.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards