Snarky Brides
Options

Wednesday!

Almost halfway through this week! Got a call yesterday afternoon saying I didn't get the job..trying not to feel discouraged esp because since I live in a rural area there aren't many job opportunities. More bummed about having to stay at my current job than no getting that job if that makes any sense. Made one of FI's favorites for dinner last night--white chicken chili. So good and perfect for the blizzard we were getting slammed with. Spent the evening watching American Idol and Teen Mom 2--my guilty pleasure :)

FMIL loved the dresses our BM's picked out which really meant a lot to me considering my mom threw an embarrassing small freak-out in the store!! I am learning to let things roll off my shoulder because no matter how hard I try I am not going to please everyone.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wednesday!

• Options
    Good morning rel! It feels like a long week here. I have to work with the same student for 3 days in a row to cover for one of my therapists, he's pretty intense so it will be a bit of a challenge. Feeling a little blah this week, but it's supposed to be sunny this afternoon so that will probably help.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    rel... I know how you feel. Hang in there, sister.

FI made meatless meatloaf for his vegetarian woman (me) last night. It was really good!

I think I (re)decided on flower girl and junior bridsmaid dresses. It is scary to tell the shop "order them" without second guessing myself just a little bit. But, I am the one that has to make the final decision, so I need to get my big girl panties on and just DO IT. #engagedgirlproblems.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Rel...sorry you didnt get the job :[ Something will come up!!

Pickl...order them! It may help you stop second guessing them since you already ordered them. I know how it feels to change your mind a million times about something. I changed my idea for my decorations like 3 times already. Ive made numberous trips to the craft stores returning and getting new decorations. I just cant make up my mind.

My mom offered to help us with the wedding so we can still have the wedding we are planning for, even without me having a job. Thank god for her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    Pickl--you said (re)decided. Where these the dresses you originally decided on? Trust your first instinct! It's sooo hard not to change your mind a million times. That's what I needed such a short engagment because I am the most decisive person ever. Show us what they look like!

Sierra--aww way to go mom!! One less thing for you to worry about right? I'm sure she understood it wasn't your fault you got let go so your once in a lifetime wedding shouldn't have to suffer because of it.

Angel--Winter in general makes me so sluggish! I've been better this week so far, probably because I'm trying harder to excercise. Hope the rest of your week goes quicker!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The first dresses we decided on ended up being discontinued. They looked like this:
    Now I have my junior bridesmaids in these:

And my flowergirls in these:

We originally decided on dark grey dresses for the bridesmaids, but now I am thinking the lighter grey matches the other dresses... But my MOH doesn't think so.

I will admit that the darker grey does match my dress better, which has a slight pink hue to it. And I have to think, how many photos will I have with ALL of the girls in them?

I have to do 3 different dresses due to the sizing of all of the girls (ages 2 to 32). The tough part is determining which complement the others the best. What do ya'll think?
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi! Dreary day here has made me super sleepy, so I've been walking laps in the stacks to get my blood flowing.

Pickle, I think it could go either way, but i'm leaning towards the dark. It is clearly a different color than the FG and JBMs, so it looks intentional. The lighter shade is so close that it may look like a mistake that it doesn't match exactly, kwim?

If nothing else, you could have MOH in the dark and the other two in the lighter shade.
  • Options
    Another view...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    When I see the bigger pictures i was with bunni and like the dark...but when you put them all together I like the light! I think from a broader eye the shades all look pretty similar in the light grey. Unless you want to distinguish the BM's and accentuate them in a darker grey?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Ladies! I've been MIA a lot recently. I've been trying to fill my free time at work reading other food blogs to get inspiration for recipes and to see how well maintained blogs are written. Other than that I've been trying to read up on some health issues.

Pickle - At first, I liked the darker grey dresses for your bridesmaids, but I now agree like Rel, seeing them all together, I think I like the lighter grey dresses slightly better. Though either one you chose will still look great. Minor color details at that point. And btw, your dress looks stunning!

Rel - Sorry about not getting the job. I know how it feels as I went through something similar back in January. I like to hold on to the thought that everything happens for a reason and that we'll find something better because that one did not work out. 

Sierra - I read your posts earlier this week about your job. Sorry that happened, but Yay for your mom chipping in to help out with wedding costs. Now that you can have some piece of mind about wedding budgets, you can use your new free time to do some soul searching about what you'd like your future to be like. 

Bunni - It's dreary here today too. We're supposedly getting some icky snowy weather tonight and tomorrow. I seriously can't wait for Spring. 

Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Sierra, that's awesome, one less thing to worry about! Pickle, another vote for the light ones! But if the MOH and bridesmaids want dark, it might not be worth the stress of changing it. I'm hoping the semi-warm weather (not warm at all but above freezing) will melt some of our giant snow piles. A least it's staying light outside now! It's so much easier to work in the evening when it's not dark at 5pm!

• Options
    Rel, maybe try to look at it as a mixed blessing. Changing to a new job while planning a wedding would probably be pretty intense!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards