Wisconsin

At-home reception ideas for Milwaukee/surrounding area??

We are getting married in September in Las Vegas (small wedding with pretty much only family, less than 50 people are invited).  Our families would really like us to have an AHR after the wedding to celebrate with everyone back home.  

I'm looking for suggestions for a venue!  I've spent all my time planning a Vegas wedding and now I feel like I to start from scratch for this reception!

I'm hoping to invite no more than 150 people, with a budget of $5K.  Ideally, we would like to have the reception at the end of September or beginning of October.  I'm envisioning more of an hors d'oeuvres/open bar situation... a little less informal.  We live in Milwaukee, but a lot of our guests would be coming from the Madison area, so somewhere in between would be fine too.  
Any help would be super appreciated!! Thanks ladies! Smile
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: At-home reception ideas for Milwaukee/surrounding area??

• jlpollajlpolla member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    We are getting married in Hawaii in July and having an 'at-home' reception at the Boerner Botanical Gardens in Hales Corners. They are pretty reasonable - we are doing it on a Sunday afternoon/evening to save money!  Good luck planning!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards