New York-New York City

Affordable in NYC?

Where to begin?  My fiance is in Italy and I'm in NY right now and I'll be here till Sept.  In this time I'm supposed to find my venue, florist, dj, everything because I want to get married by next July and won't be here from September until when I get back to get married.

The problem is that I have no idea what kind of wedding I want.  I don't want to get married in the typical reception hall!  I would love to have it at some site and have it catered but I think that will add up.  Can anyone give me some suggestions?  I am having about 90 guests and our budget is about 30k.  I'd appreciate any advice; I'm so stressed out!

Thank you!
weddingcake-1

Re: Affordable in NYC?

• louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe check out the Long Island City Foundry.  I'm not sure how much it costs, but the space is quite unique and very pretty.  Plus, Lady Gaga shot her last music video there!

eta: Sorry I didn't realize how expensive it was.
  • Nancy00714Nancy00714 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That actually was the first place I checked out!  But 7,800 site fee for  a friday night isn't working for me!  You'd think it would be more affordable considering its location.
    weddingcake-1
  • louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know, my friend got married at Blue Hill at Stone Barns.  It's not in the city, but it was beautiful and the food was amazing.  IIRC, her budget and reception size were about the same as yours.  Maybe a little less on the budget.  You might want to check it out if you're not set on getting married in NYC. 

http://www.bluehillfarm.com/events/private-events
  • Nancy00714Nancy00714 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions!  I found my venue on Saturday! 
    weddingcake-1
  • edited December 2011
    I can recommend a photographer.... http://www.theredsweatshirt.com He did an amazing job for a friends wedding and we are using him as well. Red Sweatshirt Photography. Let me know how it goes. Also, Do you want to get married on Long Island or NYC?
    Just Married Photo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards