Louisiana-New Orleans

Non-Catholic Church Ceremony

I'm having alot of problems finding a ceremony venue and hoped you ladies may be able to help me out. My fiancee is Catholic, but we decided against a Catholic wedding due to the red-tape (since I am not and he doesn't go). We're more-or-less open to any other Christian church that would have us. (FWIW, I'm a Methodist) We both went to Tulane, so anywhere in Uptown, the Garden District, or the Quarter would be awesome with bonus points if it's on a streetcar line. Double bonus points if it's relatively small (There will be only 12 people at the ceremony). I've called Zion Lutheran, only to be told that one of us had to be Lutheran. :( I would go to St. Mark's on Rampart, but since it's a reconciling congregation, I know my family would have a fit. Any other churches to call?

Re: Non-Catholic Church Ceremony

• edited December 2011
    If you want it to be in a church, but they're picky on denominations at some, maybe you should try to find a Methodist one?

You could also just have it at your hotel if you have a pretty reception hotel/hall?

My parents used the big Episcopal church on St. Charles and it was really pretty.

EDIT:
    WAIT, I forgot about Rayne Methodist. Try there. It's pretty on the outside, so I bet it is on the inside too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Rayne is right on the streetcar line. The sanctuary is probably too big, but they do have a smaller chapel that may work!
  • edited December 2011
    You could also try Carrollton Methodist Church. It's lovely and not too big. It's Uptown on the corner of Carrollton and Freret St.  And - the streetcar stops right in front of it.
  • luckycurl84luckycurl84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Perfect. I'll give them a call and see. Thanks so much ya'll!!
  • kbsmom1kbsmom1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    KB used Christ Church Cathedral on St. Charles....really beautiful and they are open to use for non Episcopals......contact Father Roberts
  • kbsmom1kbsmom1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    forgot to say....use the chapel instead of the cathedral
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards