Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Armstrong Farms!

Anyone had experience at Armstrong Farms?  Which barn is best?  Did you have trouble finding places for guests to stay (if not everyone is local)?

Any info would be much appreciated!

Re: Armstrong Farms!

• edited December 2011

I used to live within walking distance of Armstrong Farms.  I've never been to a wedding there so I'm not sure which barn is best, but it is truly beautiful there! 

The nearest hotel is Conley's, it's family owned and has horrible reviews online.  But it's about 5-6 miles away.  A few other hotels are located in different directions about 10-15 miles away.  I know that somehow Armstrong let's you use some of their farmhouses there to stay in.  I want to say it's included in the rental of the barn but I'm not 100%. 

Call them, they're wonderful and very helpful.  :)  Good luck!

image 145 Invited
    image 121 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image Everyone has finally RSVP'd!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Y I OughtaY I Oughta member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was married there last month. Asking which barn is best is a hard question to ask. We chose Westminster Preserve because we like the unrestored old style of the barn. Allison Ann is a beautiful one story barn that also has the old style to it. Fieldstone is renovated and updated, which in my opinion takes away fro teh look, but it is still beautiful. Fieldstone is also air conditioned, which is nice.

It is not hard to find lodging, and Kathy will give you a list of hotels, some that offer shuttle service for your guests with a minimum number of bookings. The house is included in the rental price for the whole weekend, but it is best reserved for the bridal party na dclose family. If you have any other questions you can PM me and i will do my best to answer them.   

20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a ton of posts on this board about Armstrong Farms and venues like it. You can try using the search box at the bottom of the board.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • goldenfloringoldenflorin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI! I know I am a bit late to respond but I am getting married in the Alyson Anne barn this upcoming May!  I loved the look of the barn, it's kind of rustic but really beautiful at the same time!  I wanted to post because I had read a few previous threads about Kathy (the owner) being very hard to reach after you send in a deposit.  I was pretty concerned after we had sent in our deposit however I have contacted them several times with multiple questions after we paid the deposit, and we have gotten very quick responses!  Her assistant Amanda is amazing and so helpful!  So far we have had a really good experience with Armstrong Farms! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards