Maryland

Weddings in Parks (Columbia/Baltimore Co area)

Hello,

I'm on a really small budget and am looking for an inexpensive wedding venue (hopefully way under $1,000). I think a park might be the way to go. Do you have any suggestions for parks in the Howard County/Baltimore County area that could accommodate 150 guests? I did a Google search for parks and found a few in the area that might work. Do you know of anyone who has had their ceremony & reception in a park in one of these areas? Any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Rachel

Re: Weddings in Parks (Columbia/Baltimore Co area)

• edited December 2011
    I am also on a tight budget so the venue that I've found that offers the most freedom and a great price is Hebron House in Ellicott City. It's very easy to get to and they allow you to use the entire facility on your special day. They have beautiful grounds for an outdoor wedding as well. The best part is that you can save alot on catering cost by bringing your own food or caterer in. Worth looking in to. Hope this helps.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the tip! I'll check out the Hebron House. :)
  • gongmattosgongmattos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You might also want to check out the Oakland Mills Barn or Oakland Mills Manor in Columbia, or the Howard County Conservancy. They might be below $1000 or close to it. Good luck.

• edited December 2011
    Thank you for the tips! The Oakland Mills Barn is beautiful. I hope it's available. The Hebron House was amazing too, but is booked for the date we want.
  • edited December 2011
    If you're willing to go a little further, you could try Quiet Waters Park in Anne Arundel County.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LizdcLizdc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding years ago at
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelphi_Mill. It was a budget wedding but theplace was stunning.
  • LizdcLizdc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is the rental info page. Looks like it is 625- 825 depending on where you live.

http://www.pgparks.com/Things_To_Do/History/Adelphi_Mill.htm

It is a historic site, has a kitchen, is in a park, and you can use your own cater.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards