June 2012 Weddings
Options

So far away!

Is anyone else bummed out that our engagements are so long?

Re: So far away!

• Options
     I actually enjoy the long engagement. It gives me time to enjoy all the planning aspects of the wedding. The wedding will be here sooner then we think, time goes by super fast :)
    June 2012-July Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Venue imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I do feel bummed too because I want to start planning! I'm the first in the family to get married in about 10 years, so my family is really excited too. We are waiting because I am a student and we would like to wait until after I graduate. 
    First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • Options
    I get bummed too sometimes. I am getting married June 23, 2012 and it seems so far away. But I think once we all get to this summer, and its just a year away, it will speed by!

I am glad I have time and I dont have to rush planning though...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think once this semester is over, it will seem so short.  I'll be working at an internship next semester, so I'll be busier instead of waiting around to start something.
  • Options
    Sometimes I get bummed that it's so far away.  I've been engaged since May so it was over 2 years from then, but the holiday season passes so quickly and with Novemeber here in just 3 days, January will be here before we know it!  Usually I am glad I still have plenty of time to plan.  It just means less stress!!!  : )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Love the long engagement and 6 months has already gone by!  I plan to do a bit of DIY projects, so I like having the time to get those how I want them.  I'm also finishing my masters degree this year and then FI and I plan to move next summer, so I'm glad to have another whole year after all of this hectic stuff to gather my thoughts and plan the day how FI and I envision it.
  • Options
    I started planning right away and I'm already stressed! Its such a tough decision to make because its our money and you only get one chance. I feel like I'm ruining my own engagement. Being an accountant makes everything worse so I have to do everything now. I don't want to be meeting with vendors next summer. I want to be at the beach. And I feel like its forever away too but its almost 2011 :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I feel bummed when I tell people the date and they say "dang that's soooo far away." But then I think about the reality. I get to finish school and then save up/plan the wedding that I actually want. Time is flying by anyway! So feel better! June 2012 will be here before we know it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards