Ohio-Cleveland

The Ballroom at Park Lane // Taste of Excellance

I was wondering if anyone has had their reception or is planning on having their reception at the Ballroom at Park Lane in Cleveland? The pictures on the website look pretty, but it is hard to really tell what the place looks like. How much was the rental fee? And do they let you bring in outside caterers?

Also, I was wondering if anyone has used Taste of Excellance? I have heard such good things about them, but I am wondering exactly how much per person they typically charge?

Any insight would be really helpful!! Thank you! Laughing

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: The Ballroom at Park Lane // Taste of Excellance

• edited December 2011
    Although I am not using the ballroom for my reception, I did tour the facilities.  They are GORGEOUS.  It is a former 1920's speakeasy that has been refurbished back to its splendor.  It is definitely an elegant space and they also have a garden terrace that is beautiful.  From what I remember in talking to Melissa (the event coordinator), Marigold Catering is the only caterer they use.  She indicated that fees with them for EVERYTHING (food, linens, parking, chivari chairs, catering staff, bartenders, etc.) usually are between $95 and $125 per person at the end of the day.  I've heard really good things about Marigold Catering (as good as the reviews I've heard for Taste of Excellence).  This venue was our second choice.  Although we ended up going with Hillbrook because I wanted to be married in the same location as the reception.
  • edited December 2011
    It is beautiful, I toured there and loved it, but went with another option for my receptions venue (the club at key center downtown).  It isn't in the best of areas, but the inside is gorgeous and you can do a lot with the rooms! Definately check it out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FapeloFapelo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Jessica,
    Have you booked a Venue yet for the Reception? If not, and you have 200 or less guests, you should definitely make a point to check out The Ballroom at Park Lane.
    I amlso highly recommend Marigold Catering, they are willing to customize a menu for you, so you don't have to choose from the same options as every other Bride in Cleveland.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards