Ohio-Cincinnati

Outdoor wedding venue recommendations?

Hi, I normally just lurk here, but I wanted to know if you ladies can assist me.

I am getting married in July 2010, and I am looking for outdoor wedding venues. My budget is quite tight (~75-100 people), and I know I would like both the ceremony and reception to be outdoors where I can also bring my own caterer.

If you have any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you. 

Re: Outdoor wedding venue recommendations?

• weishaslweishasl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My future sister-in-law's wedding was at Ault Park. They brought in their own caterer. I think if you go to parkweddings.com all the Cincy parks you can rent are on there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • muldoomimuldoomi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend who wants everything outdoors and has looked at multiple places. Some of her favs were at Benken, the florist, I guess they have a space for weddings, and Anderson Rec Center. All outside and apparently the rec center has some gorgeous rental space. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married in September at Walden Ponds in Hamilton. It's a great place. There's a plantation house on the golf course with a gazebo and tented reception area. You get run of the house for yourselves for the day, and get to decorate it any way you want for your guests. The food is usually set up inside, a nice little bar area on the patio. The tent area is literally footsteps away from the ceremony gazebo. Allison is the event planner there and is awesome. There are also morning-of golf specials for the groom and his friends. She provides a list of favorite vendors, but you don't have to use them. The gazebo area can seat anywhere up to 250 comfortably, so your count would be fine. Check out the pictures from the place ( www.waldenponds.com), and if you want some better ones, send me an email and I can send you the ones we took on 2 different days... lbc8586@gmail.com
    Hueston woods lodge is also a nice place, have a nice area to get married by the lake, though the reception area is inside....
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards