Ohio-Columbus
Options

DJ reccomendations

Does anyone have reccomendations for affordable DJ's? I don't need any ceremony music but I do want someone who can lead a crowd and really get the party going.
Prices, references, etc, are very much appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DJ reccomendations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try looking in some of the married ladies' bios. There have also been threads on this before, so you might find some helpful info by looking a page or two back.

Also, I would be more than happy to recommend mine, just PM me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are using Chris Leas from Capitol City Sounds.  So far, he has been great to work with!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 323 Made the List!
    image 114 Are ready to Dance!
    image 12 Can't make it!
    image 197 Forgot how to use Snail Mail!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Encore Entertainment!  A little bit more pricey, by a couple hundred, but you get what you pay for.  Very professional & experienced. We met with 4 different DJs before finally choosing! 

FYI - Rob is the owner.  If you use him, it's about $1400.  We are using Jeremy and paying $995 for 5 hours.

Check out their website & blog.  Lots of useful info.
  • Options
    shushu1208shushu1208 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Buckeye Entertainment and I believe it is $475 for 5 hours as a baseline price and they have great reviews.  And they are great to work with!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister (BCsGirl) got married in August, and I helped her with her planning.  She and her husband used David from Night Music as their DJ, and he was wonderful.  He made my sister and her husband very happy.  He pronounced all of the bridal party members' names correctly (and believe me, there were some tough ones), handled the MCing duties perfectly, and kept the dance floor packed all night.  I was very impressed.  He was not cheesy at all, and knew exactly what songs to play when.  It was the most fun I've ever had at a wedding reception.  When she got her pictures back, you could see the happiness and joy in all the pictures of the reception.  One of my favorite parts was the last song David played at the end of the night, New York, New York.  The song has special meaning for my sister and her husband because they used to watch Yankees games together when they were dating.  Anyway, as I said, that song was played at the end of the night, with everyone on the dance floor, and my sister and brother-in-law in the middle.  Everyone was singing along in unison as Sinatra belted out the words.  As the last line of "New Yorks" started, David encouraged us to sort of move in and surround the newlyweds in a circle - it was like a giant group hug, to send them off into married life with love, and it was amazing.  We all finished the song with a triumphant crescendo, and the room erupted into cheers and applause. 

It was a great night, and I think David and Night Music were a huge part of it.  It's true what they say - the music really makes the party.  They aren't the least expensive DJs in the Columbus area, but in my experience, you tend to get what you pay for in the DJ industry.  I've been to some weddings with not-so-great entertainment, and it brought the whole mood of the reception down. 

My sister has extensive reviews of all of her vendors, including Night Music, in her married bio (link below).  She also has lots of pictures there as well.  Good luck with your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards