Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Murad

i bought this system and used it for four days. It totally dried my face out. I used to cleanser, toner and lotion. Not sure what to do now. I kind of look silly but don't want to put any makeup on at this point. Did this happen with anyone else?
~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary

Re: Murad

• Options
    edited December 2011
    yup...the stuff has tons of alcohol and fragrance.  It made me breakout like crazy just by using the toner, the lotion burned, i had to return the whole thing.  Try something more gentle like Bocia or Philosphy.  Try some unscented sensitive skin cream like lumene or some aquafor at night for bad dry spots.  You'll be right as rain in a day or two.  Sorry you had to suffer this too :(
    "All I want is for you to be happy And, take this woman and make you my family And, finally you have found someone perfect And, finally you have found Yourself." -RHCP image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_murad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:db2a768e-74ee-4be2-8109-67957cf7ec35Post:8467113e-16df-4175-94be-7afdf17351e4">Murad</a>:
    [QUOTE]i bought this system and used it for four days. It totally dried my face out. I used to cleanser, toner and lotion. Not sure what to do now. I kind of look silly but don't want to put any makeup on at this point. Did this happen with anyone else?
    Posted by jtoly[/QUOTE]

<div>Murad is too harsh for a lot of adults.</div><div>
    </div><div>Adult acne generally isn't caused by an abundance of oil, so treatment is different from teenage acne.</div><div>
    </div><div>Agree with PP to use something gentler- I wash with Cetaphyl once a day, moisturize 1-2 times a day and use St. Ives scrub about 3 times a week.</div><div>
    </div><div>None of these things have "acne fighters" and my skin is MUCH clearer than it was when I was trying to fight it with salyciclic (sp?) acid and other tough measures.</div>
  • Options
    Thanks for the help and suggestions! Have you ever tried the olay microdermabraision?
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I always have to mix up my products. If I stick with a certain line it always turn out bad for me. Definitely try to take it back. I use the Anit Aging Acne Moisturizer at night and it really helps. I don't have a ton of acne, but every once and awhile it'll flare up. This really helps with that. I use Olay sensitive skin moisturizer for daytime.

ETA: What system did you use?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards