New York-Hudson Valley

DJ

Ok ladies I need your advise am I freaking out for no reason. In March we booked the DJ company for our May 2012 wedding. We had a meeting with Ryan the manager and during the meeting he made suggestions on the DJ/MC that would be good for our wedding. He also said it wouldn't be a problem meeting with a buch of DJ's so I could see who would be a good for our wedding. Since we made our $500.00 deposit it has been very difficult to contact the DJ Company.Back in April  I finally got a another manager on the phone and she said the DJ's were very busy and she didn't know if they could meet with me anytime soon.  She then sent me an e-mail stating that she put Corey and Jason on our wedding But in our first conversation it was stated that Corey was good for a younger crowd. My fiance and I are both in our 30's and the majority of our guests are older. I then tried to set up a meeting with Corey and Jason again and they said they could do a phone interview. I'm sooooo frustrated I'm begining to think I made a bad choice. My fiance thinks they are professionals and they wouldn't work for a company if they weren't good. I've just been to so many weddings were the DJ is aweful and I didn't want that to happen. If you've had positive experences please share. I'm at the point were I don't know if I should just loose the $500 and look somewhere else. 

Re: DJ

• edited December 2011
    Larry Mulligan at Much Music is fantastic!  Very easy to meet with, answers emails within the day and always reachable.  Pleasant experience!
  • tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hey Jen,
    I also have The DJ Company booked for my October wedding.  I would give a phone call out to Ryan.  Not during the weekend, they will have events but he has been great with me, when I had a big concern.  I'm sure he will also help you out with the choice of DJ/MC for the wedding too.  Just explain to him who you as a couple are and who your crowd is, and what you want the atmosphere to be like.  Don't worry, just give him another chance!

Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies that was exactly what I wanted to hear.  I did talk to Ryan he called me saying that three brides informed him of this post. He also gave me his personal cell and said to call him any time. I should of just called him directly in the first place. He definitely made me feel better. I in no way was trying to bad mouth the DJ company I just was getting very nervous that I hadn't had a metting yet with the DJ's for our wedding. We are getting married memorial day weekend next year and its a very busy time. I just wanted to hear from other knotties about there positive experiences to ease my mind. Thanks
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_dj-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:e8c5b04d-a3fe-448f-bbe5-2a1d4b5f8d0ePost:a282c0fa-2af3-4320-844e-45237fea3f7e">Re: DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Larry Mulligan at Much Music is fantastic!  Very easy to meet with, answers emails within the day and always reachable.  Pleasant experience!
    Posted by yelloplum03[/QUOTE]

this this this! we used him and i cant say enough good things about him.

Unfortunately i know you put a deposit down, so i would continue to be persistent about meeting with them if you want to stay with them
  • jillreymanjillreyman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen,

While my FI and I did not end up booking the DJ company for our April 2012 wedding, we did inquire about their services.  They were very prompt in their responses to all of our questions via e-mail and phone calls. (At one point I thought "geeze leave me alone DJ Company, lol)  Also, we did not meet with them in person because we are planning our wedding from out of state.  So, when we traveled back to NY we met with DJ Bri and really connected with him and booked him right away.  Therefore, we saw no reason to continue inquiring with the DJ Company.

Good Luck!

• ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_dj-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:e8c5b04d-a3fe-448f-bbe5-2a1d4b5f8d0ePost:de742c5a-2362-4b7d-9607-789ec9901aa0">Re: DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jen, While my FI and I did not end up booking the DJ company for our April 2012 wedding, we did inquire about their services.  They were very prompt in their responses to all of our questions via e-mail and phone calls. (At one point I thought "geeze leave me alone DJ Company, lol)  Also, we did not meet with them in person because we are planning our wedding from out of state.  So, when we traveled back to NY <strong>we met with DJ Bri and really connected with him and booked him right away.</strong>  Therefore, we saw no reason to continue inquiring with the DJ Company. Good Luck!
    Posted by jillreyman[/QUOTE]

You will love working with him!!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards