Pennsylvania-Central

Hair and make up recommendations??

So, I've been looking at different salons for potential places to book getting my hair and maybe make up done.  I've read a lot of good things about Head Rush salon but don't know anything about them.  Does anyone have experience with them?  Or any other recommendations??

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Hair and make up recommendations??

• SHALYNNMARIESHALYNNMARIE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ive never dealt with head rush- i saw them at a bridal show and they seemed very reluctant to talk to me ( mind you i was having a bad hair day and my hair is VERY intimidatng when it wants to be)
     I am deciding between 3 places in lancaster..mainly because i KNOW all 3 owners and i have confidence in their work, ...NXT Phase on lititz pike, Luxe on 1st street are my 2 top choices....and my 3rd choice is Salon Rouge on fruitville pike.

Best of luck to you!

blog post photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What are some general prices to have your hair and make-up done for the wedding?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I've gotten my hair cut there (won that and a gift bag at a bridal show) and they were very nice.  I have decided to go with Melissa McHugh for my hair and makeup however, due to prices. 
    Anniversary
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I see you're getting married at the Riverdale! Me too!!
    I am using Melissa McHugh. She is travelling to the Riverdale to do my hair and make up in the farm house before hand. She is doing my BMs in the hotel (Marriott) before we get to the RDM. (I think RDM only lets you get there 3 hours early.) So to ensure she has enough time for me, that 3 hours is for my face/hair.
    Her prices are great and she doesn't charge extra to travel to you..which is nice and not many hair stylists/makeup artists do that.

Check her out:
    http://www.facebook.com/BeautybyMelissaMcHugh

My co-worker is getting her make-up done by her for her wedding (you can choose just make up or just hair if you don't want both) which is coming up in 2 weeks. She had her trial (I didn't yet) she said the make up lasted all day and it was very clean and not over dramatic and elegant.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• jnpfautzjnpfautz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the suggestions - I will definitely check into everything!  I'm going to check out Head Rush at the bridal show this weekend so we'll see how they are there.

And that's a good idea with doing some of the hair/make up at the hotel.  I was wondering about having only 1 person for everybody.  I would have myself, 4 bridesmaids, my mom and my FMIL...that seems like so many for 1 person!
  • edited December 2011
    head rush is a great salon. i have a friend whose mom works there. they are all super friendly and do great work. so if you are looking for a salon to go to for hair and makeup i would definitely recommend them
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I recommend Patricia Solis, she told me she is going to the bridal show this weekend I am also going. 
    Her website is www.elegantxpressions.net
    She offers both hair and makeup but only does the makeup, her partner which I LOVE, Sam does the hair and they both have assistants.  I am having 8 bm and me so it was great to know they have assistants.  Check her, out, she also offers airbrush and she is so nice.  I met her at my bf weddding and I just can't rave enough about her. 
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/MakeupbyTrish/105859832791360

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards