Plus-Sized

I chose wisely

I just wanted to share, because I needed to tell someone who would know how much of a big deal it is.  I had a meeting today and they always have an awesome spread of food - pastries, sodas, coffee, fruits, ect.  On the break I went and while I wanted the scrumptious looking danishes that were staring at me begging me to eat them - I chose wisely and ate the fruit and drank the water.

Re: I chose wisely

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_chose-wisely?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:e8bdf6fe-981e-4121-9042-1b8be207d3e8Post:5183d276-b0f6-4ae6-91df-40b96fc56d75">I chose wisely</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just wanted to share, because I needed to tell someone who would know how much of a big deal it is.  I had a meeting today and they always have an awesome spread of food - pastries, sodas, coffee, fruits, ect.  On the break I went and while I wanted the scrumptious looking danishes that were staring at me begging me to eat them - I chose wisely and ate the fruit and drank the water.
    Posted by LGM22[/QUOTE]

That's awesome! Wish I had had your will power today!
  • That's awesome!  Danishes always look yummy, but I think fruit is probably just as yummy!  If just doesn't seem as tempting for some reason.  Great job!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Good for you! I did the same thing (kind of). I wanted Starbuck's and Wendy's for lunch. Instead I went to Dunkin Donuts, had a regular cup of coffee and tuna salad on a bagel instead.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • I do not know what is up (no, not preggo) but I have been wanting a chocolate shake and french fries (which I of course would dip into the shake) for days now!  I haven't gotten them but it has been one craving that's been HARD to ignore!
  • Man, I wish I could say the same - It's "Sweet Treat" wednesday at work for me and I totally just ate a brownie sundae on my break...
  • Oh, danishes are my favorite pastry.  I don't think I would have your will power.  Koodoos to you!
    imageAnniversary
  • bruna29bruna29 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I wish I was as strong as you! Tonight FI and I are getting Culver's Burgers for dinner... yeah, we're real healthy. Two nights ago I had Taco Bell. My body hates me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_chose-wisely?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:e8bdf6fe-981e-4121-9042-1b8be207d3e8Post:8f29b151-9af5-40ed-a5d1-818b0f59426a">Re: I chose wisely</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh I wish I was as strong as you! Tonight FI and I are getting Culver's Burgers for dinner... yeah, we're real healthy. Two nights ago I had Taco Bell. My body hates me.
    Posted by justdance93[/QUOTE]

Culvers is so good though, it makes it worth it.

And yay for will power OP. I wish I had it,  but I did manage to say no to getting food at work (Famous Dave's is soooo bad, but soo yummy) but I'm probably getting Domino's so not any better lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_chose-wisely?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:e8bdf6fe-981e-4121-9042-1b8be207d3e8Post:3841ddd8-fb06-4cfe-8a9f-ab3d194bbcf3">Re: I chose wisely</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I chose wisely : Culvers is so good though, it makes it worth it. And yay for will power OP. I wish I had it,  but I did manage to say no to getting food at work (Famous Dave's is soooo bad, but soo yummy) but I'm probably getting Domino's so not any better lol.
    Posted by starryangelz72[/QUOTE]

Do you work @ FD?
  • can you share your willpower??? mine has ran away!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_chose-wisely?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:e8bdf6fe-981e-4121-9042-1b8be207d3e8Post:58057fb2-926d-48bc-8566-abc67fadf92b">Re: I chose wisely</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I chose wisely : Do you work @ FD?
    Posted by LGM22[/QUOTE]

Yep, I am a server there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_chose-wisely?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:e8bdf6fe-981e-4121-9042-1b8be207d3e8Post:a5603715-9a7a-46ca-84e3-19f1ff21c792">Re: I chose wisely</a>:
    [QUOTE]can you share your willpower??? mine has ran away!
    Posted by km2124[/QUOTE]

If you're sharing, I want some too!! Great job making the better choice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good for you! My office is the worst! Someone is always bringing in something yummy and I have to force myself not to eat it. Like today they had an apple crumb cake with walnuts. My friend was like here, you have to suffer with me. I took one bite. Luckily she said she wanted another piece so I gave it back to her. I've really been trying hard, working out and making the right food choices. It's so much easier to just be fat. And more fun. The food's better... *sigh*
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards