March 2012 Weddings
Options

hair...

Just wondering if any of you ladies are doing your own hair for the wedding? I'm worried about hiring someone so far away and hating the job they do. I'm not able to get down to New Orleans again before the wedding. I'm not a hairdresser by any means, but I think I can manage a half-updo. Anybody know of a tutorial?
Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary

Re: hair...

• Options
    I would check youtube how tos.  That would be the best thing that way you can visually see them doing it and start practicing!  Maybe enlist a bridesmaid to help you.  
  • Options
    Not doing my own hair, but at my trial I brought along one of my BMs.  The hairdresser curled my hair and pulled some pieces back (basically a half updo)... I really want my hair to be back for the reception, so she showed my BM how to pin the rest back.  Definitely pumped to have a mini change in my look and be more comfortable for the rest of the night while I'm dancing. :)  Soooo in other words, I agree with PP. Enlist some help in the BP/ family if you can!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    firechick83firechick83 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I ditto the youtube....you can also ask a BM or another female that will be in attendance to help with your hair...I find it's best to have someone else curl the back of your hair. :)  Good luck!
    image March 2012 Bride Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    I also won't be getting a hair trial until the week of the wedding so if I really hate i'm not completely SOL but i guess kind of in a bind.  But for me I'd much rather have someone else do it then for me to attempt any kind of updo, because i have SO much hair and pretty sure this would stress me out!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yeah, youtube is a great idea... and practice, practice, practice. I'm sure it will end up looking great!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Thanks ladies - Youtube it is!! :) I have tons of hair (and long) too, so I'll get one of my girls to help with the back part. I'll do some trials here in the next few weeks and see if I can figure something out.
  • Options
    You could always go to the local New Orleans board and ask for recommendations!
  • Options
    There are lots of step-by-step ideas on Pinterest, too!

I will be doing my own hair.  Or rather, my SIL will be (I hope!).  I have a bad shoulder and my arm doesn't go all the way around to my head so I can't really do my own.  But anyway, I'm thinking the simpler the better and we'll practice a bit before the wedding, too!

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:8252540f-7c76-48b0-b5af-5c95ab7408a0Post:f2c9a80c-05cb-4dc5-96eb-d5e2feddca6a">Re: hair...</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could always go to the local New Orleans board and ask for recommendations!
    Posted by OliveOilsMom[/QUOTE]

I've actually done that. No one really recommended a salon, just people who come to the site and I don't really want to pay the money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards