New Jersey
Options

Black Tie Weddings..

Ours isn't... but a couple that we are close with are having one.  My question is- does black tie still require a gown?  Or will an elegant black cocktail dress suffice?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Black Tie Weddings..

• Options
    keisha911keisha911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your dress should be below the knee if its black and white event.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_black-tie-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:7f697d41-8926-4239-93e6-89a15fe83728Post:b02d6288-bb53-4c19-8bfa-6529117f35c7">Re: Black Tie Weddings..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your dress should be below the knee if its black and white event.
    Posted by keisha911[/QUOTE]

ditto :o)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto, I always understood black tie to mean Gown.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I always thought black tie meant gown and I was excited to wear one... Then one of my coworkers said that cocktail was fine.  I am going with a gown after hearing these responses- thanks guys!=)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lauren2426Lauren2426 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently attended one in New York and I wore a floor length after hearing this and I have to say it was def half and half!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do feel like some people will wear a shorter length dress at a Black Tie event.  But I kinda feel like it's inappropriate unless it's something like a Black Tie optional.  But even then it's being suggested to do a floor length or a dressy shorter dress.  For me, I'd rather be on the safe side and do a floor length. I'd always rather be over dressed then under dressed. :o) You'll def. be safe with a floor length. Have fun!!!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards