June 2012 Weddings

Anyone else planning to scrapbook their wedding album?

I am kind of a scrapbooking freak and I am SOOO excited to scrapbook my wedding :-)

Just wondering if there is anyone else doing the same and if so, what papers/books you have found to do your wedding in.

My godmother sells Creative Memories so that is primarily what I use, but I'm open to other things. This is primarily the paper I'll be using, I LOVE the patterns :-)
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone else planning to scrapbook their wedding album?

• my sister scrapbooks but i don't bc i don't have the time or patience. i will prob. enlist her to make mine just so i could have one. she did my other sister's scrapbook so i know it will look really good.
  • I plan on scrapbooking our wedding too! I just kind of buy paper from Michaels as I get inspiration.

I look ay lots of other scrapbooking boards/forums to get layout inspiration as well.

Oh, and do you have a Cricut? I would be lost without that thing!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • MiksChick23MiksChick23 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I am! My friends are actually going to help me, then the book will have different techniques and styles and will be made with love! I'm pumped.

Edit: to answer your question...it will be a mix of Close to my Heart, and stuff from the local scrapbooking stores....I don't have a set brand I stick to. Whatever matches best. But There was one paper pack from Joann that used my colors, so if they still make it, I bet I'll go through a few of those.
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • YES! I love Creative Memories stuff so I'll use mostly that but there's also an awesome local scrapbooking store here that I always get stuff from.

I haven't done any scrapbooking for months because of this wedding, packing & moving some stuff so I'm dying inside! Dying I say.
  • I love scrapbooking but I'm not so good at it.  That said I will definitely be creating something from our shower, wedding, and honeymoon.
  • Shan - Practice practice practice! I've gotten so much better since I first started!

OP, your SN makes me think of Lamp Chop. <3

• Thanks Midge!  I plan to find a class or something I don't know.

OP, I agree with Midge!  The first time I saw your sn that was immediately what I thought of.
  • LambbopLambbop member
    First Comment

My FI got me a Cricut for my Birthday last year! Unfortunately my Birthday was BEFORE the release of the Cricut Expression. Though he did ask me the other day if I NEED the Expression. Smile Here's hoping I see it this Birthday! I love that Creative Memories has created Cricut cartridges to match their paper designs. That was really clever on their part.

I wish I had a nice local scrapbook store. I end up ordering most of my stuff through CM. When I get to Minneapolis I do like to go to Archivers.

MiksChick--that is a fun idea to have your friends help you! I am too much of a control freak when it comes to my scrapbooking to let anyone else help me though!

• LambbopLambbop member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_anyone-else-planning-to-scrapbook-their-wedding-album?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:918e2470-74f9-4345-9b2a-0421132bf7b2Post:3120cc21-a539-446f-bbbf-83e3130a2180">Re: Anyone else planning to scrapbook their wedding album?</a>:
    [QUOTE] OP, your SN makes me think of Lamp Chop. <3
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

I was OBSESSED with Lamb Chop as a small child! I even had some sweet purple Lamb Chop shoes. The SN is actually a play on my last name, but I don't mind it being confused with my childhood obsession :-)
  • My FSIL is going to make us a scrapbook of the entire wedding planning process. We didn't take a lot of pictures, but we took enough. :)
    I'm pretty excited.

First Look
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That's neat lampbop!
  • I love your sn, Lambbop. It reminds me of lambchop, and I have "lambie" my childhood doll. 

I used to scrapbook a lot.  Now I don't have any of my stuff, and most of it has dwindled down a hodge podge mess of rejected stuff.  I want to start up again, I used to make my own cards and envelopes.  Maybe after the wedding I will! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_anyone-else-planning-to-scrapbook-their-wedding-album?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:918e2470-74f9-4345-9b2a-0421132bf7b2Post:f7ddff78-2a0f-4195-9176-3e8868171f78">Re: Anyone else planning to scrapbook their wedding album?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love your sn, Lambbop. It reminds me of lambchop, and I have "lambie" my childhood doll.  I used to scrapbook a lot.  Now I don't have any of my stuff, and most of it has dwindled down a hodge podge mess of rejected stuff.  I want to start up again, I used to make my own cards and envelopes.  Maybe after the wedding I will! 
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]
    Dude, scrapbooking and card making party!!  Now we just need Midge to come our way! :)
  • LambbopLambbop member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_anyone-else-planning-to-scrapbook-their-wedding-album?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:918e2470-74f9-4345-9b2a-0421132bf7b2Post:f7ddff78-2a0f-4195-9176-3e8868171f78">Re: Anyone else planning to scrapbook their wedding album?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used to scrapbook a lot.  Now I don't have any of my stuff, and most of it has dwindled down a hodge podge mess of rejected stuff.  I want to start up again, I used to make my own cards and envelopes.  Maybe after the wedding I will! 
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

I have the problem where I want to save my "special" papers and stickers for something super amazing... and then never end up using them!! Then, I also have some super retro-looking papers and stickers from the 90s! (I started scrapbooking when I was 10.)
  • Yes I am, as a matter of fact everytime I go to the store I look in the crafts section at Hobby Lobby, Micheals, and Joannes. There are so many fun things. i shop a lot online as well for stuff. I bought some wedding themed book of paper that has all kinds of different patterns and I have a ton of the stickers and stuff to put it all together. I haven't had time to get really good, but whenever i get the urge and the time I can sit down for hours and put stuff together. Still learning, not very advanced with all the equipment and stuff but I have some good resources now after reading all the posts.
  • I love scarpbooking. I already purchased the book and have a ton of stickers. My favorite brand is Jolee's Boutique.
  • I plan on doing it, but I've never done it before.  I figured after the wedding, I'll start looking at sites to learn HOW to do it.  I think Michael's offers classes, so maybe I should start there.

If anyone can direct me to any helpful websites or books to get me started, I'd appreciate it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I want to so bad, but I have never done it before.
  • I hope to scrapbook the wedding and honeymoon.  I've been trying to do a scrapbbok of my famiy for years and just can't get it done.  It didn't help that I had a load of family pictures scanned into my computer and then it crashed!

• I want too, I just am not good. I need the time to practice
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • LambbopLambbop member
    First Comment
    Weezie - I think I've learned the most from other people. I've gone on scrapbooking retreats for long weekends and I love learinging new ideas from those ladies. You also have a full weekend to do whatever the heck you want and I always get a LOT done! It's an entirely different setting than a classroom. I always try to find retreats somewhere that allows alcohol and has hot tubs for when I get super frustrated!  I'd recommend finding a retreat like that :-)

I know Archivers have scrapbooking nights in their stores, that would also be more relaxed and casual. I've worked at Michaels and sat in on a few of their scrapbooking classes and I wasn't impressed... too formal and too many "rules." BUT, your store might be way different than the store in my town.
  • I am (kind of).  I'm doing the electronic version of scrapbooking by creating a custom album using shutterfly. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm going to make one!  I don't work over the summer so that's my summer project :)  I mad one for high school and one for college and I'm really looking forward to this one.  I haven't bought the stuff yet except the album.  I think after the wedding I'll have a better vision in my head of what it will look like and I'll go shopping then.

Our "guestbook"is small pieces of paper for guests to write messages that will be included in the scrapbook.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards