DC

Reliable place to clean wedding dress??

Hello! I will need to clean my dress before my wedding, and I am so scared to take it anywhere and possibly have it damaged.
Do you know of any places in DC, northern virginia, or near those areas that is completely reliable??
So far I have read good reviews for Dupont Court Cleaners...any experience with them?
Thanks!!

Re: Reliable place to clean wedding dress??

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've not heard of them.  My first stop would be the cleaners I usually go to.  What about yours?  Have you asked if they clean wedding dresses?  If not, that might be a good bet.  If they don't, they should have a recommendation for you.  Also, if you call a bridal salon, perhaps the manager can give you a list of places to have it cleaned.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello! I wouldn't take them to the cleaners I usually go to because it is more of a cheaper option and I wouldn't trust them for something this important.
    Asking bridal salons is a good idea though!!

• edited December 2011
    Actually Lisa50, have you taken your dress to be cleaned? If so, did they do a good job? Assuming you're already married of course!
  • mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Parkway Custom Cleaners (Conn Ave in Chevy Chase) has been touted highly on the boards, for wedding dress cleaning.
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lilcancer0716lilcancer0716 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The best place I know of is Imperial Gown Preservation Serivce to clean your gown, they do the gowns from the Smithsonian Institute, so you know they have to be very very good.
  • edited December 2011
    thank you so much ladies! that is a huge help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards