Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Tuxes from Savvi! PIP (long-ish)

We picked out the men's tuxes today!  We looked at 3 local tux rental places here in the metro: Mens Warehouse near Rosedale, Dena Marie's bridal in Roseville, and Savvi Formalwear in Northtown Mall.  We ended up choosing Savvi based on price, selection and service! 

We met with Lindsey at Savvi in the Northtown Mall and had only been talking with her for a few minutes and we knew we were in better hands than we were at Men's Warehouse.  We were treated so well!  There was NO sales pressure to upgrade tux styles.  All of the pricing was clearly laid out and discussed easily with us.  She was so good at working within our budget and finding alternatives for us to get the look and price we wanted without makng us feel like cheap-os or fashion trainwrecks.  I really wanted to keep our tux rentals below $150.  Our total cost ended up at $111.90/per person (plus FI's tux is free).  Lindsey really made the whole experience super easy!  Big thumbs up for Lindsey.

Dena Marie's pricing was lower as well, but they did not have as much selection as Savvi had. 

If anyone is debating on where to go for Tux rental and your wedding is near the north metro area, I would definitely recommend Savvi @ Northtown Mall.  :)

Mike and Kelly 10.01.10
MSP Signature Challenge:Favorite Registry Item=Wine Cellar
Wedding Countdown Ticker
BIO!! Updated 06/20/10

Re: Tuxes from Savvi! PIP (long-ish)

• edited December 2011
    That's so funny - we just met with Lindsey too and picked out the same tux! (But with the herringbone vest and paisley tie in black.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also had a really good experience with Savvi Northtown. My mom and I were just collecting info, but Lindsey treated us the same as paying customers. My little brother has always gotten his prom tuxes there, too. One time they made a mistake with his tux but gave him a nice discount to make up for it. Great service.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I love it! What style tux is that? Ours ended up being $142/rental with the free grooms tux and I am thinking that it might just be too expensive for the guys!
  • KittE7KittE7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nice!  How many tuxes had to be rented in the group to get the free groom's tux?
    FI went to Savvi, Brides of France, Heimie's, and Men's Warehouse last Sat, and they told him 6.  I thought I heard 4 at the bridal fair.

PS, he had no luck finding one that fits him. He's tall & skinny, and all the rental jackets (in his shoulder size, yes) were too roomy at the waist and/or arm holes. So now he wants to BUY one. Gahh.

I'll tell him to try Dena Marie?
    eight twenty-seven ten
    reviews to come, i promise
  • edited December 2011
    Great tuxes! Very schnazzy! Thanks for the review!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • VeittobeVeittobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We asked for the least expensive 1button style coat.  I think it's the Black Carrera by Jean Yves Style 550.  We didn't upgrade to the flat front pant either.  We're going with 1 pleat.  FI's tux is a little upgrade to the lighter jacket.  I figured since he was going to be wearing it more than the groomsmen were it would be a worthwhile upgrade for him.  They look identical, but FI's is a little lighter material.  His tux is the lack Waldorf by Joseph Abboud Style 892. 

I honestly don't know how many tuxes we had to rent to get the free one for the groom.  We have 6 groomsmen. 

Mike and Kelly 10.01.10
    MSP Signature Challenge:Favorite Registry Item=Wine Cellar
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    BIO!! Updated 06/20/10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards