New Jersey
Options

Affordable venue? 65-80 per plate?

Hello everyone. I am newly engaged and I need help! My fiance and I are thinking about getting married 2014. We do not have any specific date but we are thinking about considering January because from what I read in these boards, off peak season and the prices are less compared to other months. We are on a tight budget. So my question is if anyone knows of any venues either in Union County or in surrounding counties that might be less than 80pp including tax and gratuity? Thank you in advance! :

Re: Affordable venue? 65-80 per plate?

• Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2012
    For how many guests?

ETA:  I couldn't see your "65pp" on my phone.  Do you mean 65 guests?  If so you may have trouble at the traditional venues which typically have minimum guest counts.  But for a January wedding that may be negotiable.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    edited November 2012
    The Richfield Regency in Verona was $85pp for a September wedding so since you're looking for January it might be in your price range.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Check out The Elan.  Im getting married there and I know a few ppl who have hosted events there.  They have a smaller room which miight be great for your size wedding. 
  • Options
    Thank you. Will check those places out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_can-you-help-me-find-a-venue-65pp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:a6351c1d-1293-4559-b87d-934cc253f804Post:479cc567-6f17-4b53-bd7c-b3eec883aea4">Re:Can you help me find a venue? 65pp?</a>:
    [QUOTE]For how many guests? ETA:  I couldn't see your "65pp" on my phone.  Do you mean 65 guests?  If so you may have trouble at the traditional venues which typically have minimum guest counts.  But for a January wedding that may be negotiable.  
    Posted by jcg98[/QUOTE]

I meant 65 per person but then I realized that maybe that's unrealistic and forgot to erase it from the title.But we will like about 100 guest.
  • Options
    Try the Bethwood in Totowa, Wilshire Grand in West Orange, Brownstone in Paterson, the Tides in N. Haledon...they should all be around $100 per person, plus or minus, including tax and tips. Some will be for Saturday nights, some will be for afternoons in off season, but all should be able to give you a date in that range. Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    Try the Forge. 
  • Options
    Try Doolans in Spring Lake- they are soooo nice & your by the beach 
  • Options
    The Somerville Elks on Route 28 is lovely & very reasonable.  They may even be below your budget, depending on what you need.  The Woodbridge Elks may also be an option but I don't think it's as pretty. 
  • Options
    Doolans Shore Club - I loved one of the rooms but I absolutely hated the service I was receiving when I visited the venue, the woman was down right RUDE and the guest rooms were gross, its like a trashy motel attached to a fairly nice wedding venue.

Gran Centurion in Clark has a nice, large ballroom that has a minimum of 125 guests but they were very willing to be flexible with this number. They have a smaller room downstairs which was horrible and tacky IMO and seemed like it would feel very cramped. However, Garry, the manager/owner was extremely nice and accommodating.

Soriano's - One in Bound Brook, the other in Bridgewater.

Biagio's - Paramus

Galloping Hill Caterers - Union

The Empire Club - Little Ferry

Warwick Valley Winery - Warwick, NY - AMAZING food!

The Raven and the Peach - Fair Haven, NJ - Great customer service, but the room has a very 'unique' vibe.

The Reception Center at St. Clement - Matawan

Robertsville Banquet Center - Morgansville, NJ (sister site to RC at St. Clement, but more affordable and I also like the decor better).

Hamilton and Ward - Paterson

Razberry's - Frenchtown (I believe this was about $85.00 a plate per person inclusive).

Crowne Plaza - Edison (if you catch them at a bridal show they have a promotion which lowers the cost to around $85.00 a plate inclusive).

Costa del Sol - Union

The Somerville Elks is very nice as stated in a previous post and honestly they were my top pick, until I held an baby shower for my girlfriend there. The pricing for the wedding reception is great, but after fully working with John and Wanda for the baby shower I realized that John really doesn't remember much at all (I've met him about five times, have had lengthy conversations with him and he never remembered me); its also very difficult to get a straight answer out of him. I also didn't like that the buffet they put out came out an hour late and they cleaned it up EXTREMELY fast. I felt like no one was able to get up for seconds if they wanted. John and Wanda did not listen to our request at all, the room was suppose to be set up a certain way and it was all incorrect, tables were where they weren't suppose to be and they also set up more tables than needed which made the party look like it was empty. Overall the food was good (not great) and the facility is very clean.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards