Wisconsin
Options

wedding color ideas

Hi,
  I am trying to figure out what to do for my wedding colors. We are havin a outdoor ceremony and having our reception in a log bulding in the woods. Not sure what some good wedding colors would be. I love blue,green,purple,pink,black,brown hmmm what colors to do. Is it ok to have a few colors?? and also Iam probebly having three bridesmaids. Should they all were the same color?? I am awful at knowing how to plan a wedding but I am trying to get started.

Re: wedding color ideas

• Options
    That can really depend on what season your wedding is, but that is what all of the Wedding idea photos are for on TK. take a look around and see waht appeals to you and then go with it!
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    It all depends on what YOU want.  You can have as many colors as you choose.  I have 6 bridesmaids wearing 3 different greens - apple, pine, and jade hues.  I would think greens would look great with rustic, as would burgandy or navy.  Ultimately it's up to you and you don't really need to follow any "rule!"
  • Options
    My photog just photographed a wedding where they used two green tones (pistachio and kelly green) and half of the bridesmaids wore each color...it looked wonderful! I'm getting married late June next year and my colors are fuchsia and orange with hints of lime green (like in flowers and candles at reception, etc.)  I also had thought of eggplant purple and orange for fall, but we opted to get married in June instead of September.

You could always go with your favorite colors. Many Knotties on my Month Board have done that. Also, vintage wedding colors are coming back. A friend is doing peach and mint. I agree to look on the Knot's color inspirations--it helped me choose my colors.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    I think purple would be nice out of the colors you listed... I really am into the eggplant color and I think it would compliment your outdoor cabin style wedding well. Something that stands out a little more than earthy tones. Thats just my opinion, but I agree with PP's- there are no "rules", do whatever makes you happy and you enjoy the most! :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    I think a green, brown and a pop of color would be nice! But you should do whatever you think is best! Everyone has their own ideas of what they want to do. I found this website on PInterest which is nice to see different color combos!

http://design-seeds.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards