Iowa-Des Moines

NWR: Need TK vibes, please!

Oh my.  So much is going on my head is spinning.  And, my fiance is in Brazil for work until March 14th at the earliest so I'm flying solo for the most part.  Cell phone coverage where he's at is awful.  Thank goodness for I.M.  it's been our main source of contact.  Though the time difference (they're four hours ahead of us) and the iffy internet connection there makes that a challenge too.  *sigh*

So, I posted a couple weeks back about putting an offer on a new place.  Ladies, the seller, who is as stubborn as they come, countered $3k under asking price, still too much.  When fiance left for trip, he let the agent know that our offer was a standing offer and to contact me if the seller has a change of heart.

I received a call last night from realtor.  Seller recountered with our initial offer price, minus the closing cost assistance and allowance for egress windows.  But still...this is HUGE!  We are comfortable with the price and are awaiting the realtor to email the paperwork so we can move forward.

The scary part is that not only will our house payment jump up a ton, that's okay, we can swing it we just won't have as much play money, but we have to sell our house now.  Our offer can be bumped because of the pending sale of our house stipulation. 

We have a couple who LOVE our current home.  I love it too but, we are out of room and can't build on, plus we are in town and I really want land for the kids (and dogs) to play and explore.  They cannot get the financing on their own though due to a bankruptcy.  However, his mother came to look at the house and she LOVES it.  She offered to cosign or even straight out purchase it.  Perfect, right?  Wrong.  The wife of the couple doesn't want his mother involved at all, she wants to do it on their own.  Every time we've talked with the husband, he is al about letting his mother help.  Their house payment is the same as what they are currently paying in rent for a much smaller house and not in our awesome school district. 

So, if I can get some, wife knock it off and accept his mother's help vibes, I would really appreciate it.

Also, I intereviewed Thursday for a job which is perfect for our family.  It is in the financial field, which I have years of experience in, and is...mother's hours!  Perfect for us, since I have two grade school aged children.  We would only need chidlcare during the summer, so I'd still bring home a paycheck for most of the year.  I feel great about the interview and will hear back the end of next week.  Please, please, please, vibes that I get the position. 

Thank you, ladies!

This has been a stressful, yet exciting, week.  My fiance left Monday and so much has happened already.  I could use all the good vibes I can possibly get.  :)

Re: NWR: Need TK vibes, please!

• edited December 2011
    sending lots of knottie vibes.  I hope everything works out with the house, that would be great if you guys could get a bigger place.  Hang in there with FI being gone and lots of crazy changes going on.
    Anniversary
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sending Vibes your way!! I hope the wife comes around and realizes that it's a great opportunity.
    Good Luck, let us know!!

Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    Sending lots of positive Knottie vibes your way!!  Good luck and keep us posted!! 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you, ladies!  <3

I talked to the couple and gave them until Tuesday to  let me know how they want to proceed, if at all.  If they can't/won't do it, then I'm calling in future father-in-law who lives in  Rochester to help me with the odds and ends which fiance would do were he here so we can list it.  My goal is to have it on the market by next Sunday if this couple can't come to terms with one another.
  • edited December 2011
    Update:  I got the job!  YAY!  I start Monday.  I'm so excited!!
  • edited December 2011
    CONGRATS on the job!!! And good luck with the house situation :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the vibes, ladies!

We decided to sell our current home to the couple on contract.  That way, the mother-in-law isn't involved, and we still qualify for the 2nd mortgage on our new place, even with our existing mortgage.  So...  YIPPEE!

I am meeting with an attorney tomorrow to have the contract to deed terms drawn up.  We close on our new place hopefully April 22nd.  Fiance isn't back until March 14th at the earliest, so when he gets back, we'll get the mortgage going and that takes minimum of 30 days.  The sellers really want us to close on April 15th but, that just isn't practical.  We get married April 30th.  Leave May 1st for our HM, return May 9th from HM, close on our current house with our buyers on May 16th.  Whew...  my head is spinning.

One great thing about closing on our new place before closing on our place is that we get time to move our stuff to the new house.  And, fiance's family is all from out of state, so we will have one entire house (4 br/4bath) available for them if they don't want to pay for a hotel.  *woohoo*!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards