January 2013 Weddings

Ring trouble

Oi.

FI and I picked out his band a little over a month ago. When we picked it out, they had just gotten the designs in pretty recently. So when we went to pick it up, it was a little tight on FI, but we had bought the protection plan, so we were going to take it back to exchange it (since it was made of a metal that cannot be resized). So we get there and they tell us that FI's ring has since gone on clearance, therefore, they cannot order another. Our hearts sank. It was such a battle finding something he liked and he loved this one. So they said they could contact corporate and other stores to see if anyone had the band in his size. By some miracle, the ring that they had in their case was the size he needed. So they switched it, gave us a refund for the price of the ring since we had just bought it not even a month ago. So his ring was saved.

But we also wanted to get my ring sized. We had planned on using my great grandmother's band. Problem is, my great-grandmother wore a 5, I wear an 8.5. I have to wear it on my pinky currently, so we took it in to get it sized. When we took it in, because of the style and time period the piece was made in, they may not be able to size it. Again their was heart sinkage. So we will find out on Thursday if it will be possible or not and if not, then FI and I are looking at another $300 we weren't planning to spend to get me a wedding band. oi. 

Just a sad situation. But I guess I should be glad we figured this out now when there is still time to correct it.  

Re: Ring trouble

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards