Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Delayed HM?

We had a sit down in the last week to re-evaluate our budget for the wedding/HM. After some unexpected expenses and lack of self-control we decided it is best if we wait a month or two to leave for our HM.
There are more reasons than just money but after reading a few posts I am a little concerned about the timing.
Has anyone run into problems taking their postponed honeymoon and a resort refusing to recognize it as such? I am just worried we might be forfeiting the chance for unexpected upgrades or packages since it will be more than 60days past our wedding date.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Delayed HM?

• Options
    We had our mini moon in Las Vegas, but we will be going to Beach Palace in Cancun for delayed HM in December. Palace requires proof of marriage within the past year to get complimentary and optional HM packages.

If you already have an idea of places you are interested in staying, check their website or email them to see what their HM policy is.
  • Options
    i guess that would depend on the resort policy for that.

• Options
    We are going to go on HM about a month after the wedding. I'm in school  so xmass break will be our HM Smile
  • Options
    We were married last weekend - Oct 23 yay! haha And we are leaving for our HM on Dec 7.  I just wanted it to be cold when we go and my husband (that sounds weird lol) is busy with work until Dec.
  • Options
    A few of the resorts I checked out in the Maldives had Honeymoon packages that required you be married w/in the past 6 months.  I would check with each resort to see their policy.

We're getting married this December but won't be able to HM until June 2011. 
    BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    My blog My chart
  • Options
    Most of the honeymoon packages I have seen stated that you have to provide proof of marriage that occurred within the last 3 months. We are leaving for our honeymoon two days after our wedding so we will not have any free upgrades as it takes months to get your your marriage certificate (in Canada anyway). You could always just reserve the honeymoon suite when booking to ensure you get what you want. Most places didn't even offer a room upgrade, just champagne and a fruit basket, if you go and show them your marriage certificate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards