April 2013 Weddings

Thank you Card Question

Should I send one to my mom? She was the main host of my shower, it was at her home and she paid for most of it along with my sisters (who are also BM). They did not get me a shower gift, which is perfectly fine because they gave me a shower! I've thanked them for giving me the shower but I'm not sure if I should send them a thank you card? It almost seems unnatural because its my mom and sisters. Opinions? What would you do/what did you do?
135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
RSVP Deadline: March 23
Wedding Countdown Ticker
April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses

Re: Thank you Card Question

• Yes- I would send them all a thank you card, separately- each should get their own. Even if it's family, it's just a nice gesture acknowledging that they spent their time and money on throwing you a party! Thank them for the party as a whole instead of a gift. I am giving a thank you card and a little pot of flowers to both my hosts. And I will be giving a thank you card to my mom after the wedding for hosting it, as well as to FI parents for the rehearsal dinner.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ok good. I thought that I should, but I was a little unsure. Then I asked FI and he made a weird face and asked me why I would send my mom a thank you card. But what does he know, I guess! :) 

Thanks!
    135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 23
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses
  • I agree with Orange.  I'm probably going to get FMIL and FSIL a potted plant and FgrandmaIL a potted plant along with a thank you note to each :-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_thank-you-card-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:3a6e7d61-bca7-4028-b6aa-bc7f82a1c141Post:48f0f2c5-bb86-43b2-bfe1-7cd00fde862c">Re: Thank you Card Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok good. I thought that I should, but I was a little unsure. Then I asked FI and he made a weird face and asked me why I would send my mom a thank you card. But what does he know, I guess! :)  Thanks!
    Posted by Blondy214[/QUOTE]

FI would probably do the same haha. I'm big on thank you cards though- to anyone and everyone who sends me a gift. I send them to my mom all the time! My kids will send them all the time too. It's just a nice gesture I think!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FSIL didn't write her parents a thank you card after they gave her a 30k wedding. They let it slip to us how much that irritated them. Come to think of it she didn't send us one either. Small gestures make a big difference, and so do the absence of small gestures
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I sent my mom one after my shower, she called saying it brought tears to her eyes and was so unexpected and made her feel so good knowing I appreciated the shower, etc, etc. Def do it!! =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards