New York-New York City

Wedding Flower Blues

I have started looking at florists and it is depressing how expensive florists are! Im not even looking for anything elaborate.

Does anyone have any budget friendly/good florists they would reccomend, preferably in the Brooklyn area (I would travel to SI, Queens, Manhattan for the right price though!)

Re: Wedding Flower Blues

• edited December 2011
    Hi there - I don't know if you'd be willing to travel to Long Island, but I'm getting my flowers from Burton's in Melville.  I'm getting married in the city and they are willing to deliver there.  They are VERY affordable - they've been around forever and practically all my friends have used them.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Off Broadway Florist in Astoria is doing the flowers for my wedding. They are affordable and very helpful. I'm sure they will be able to work with your budget.
  • edited December 2011
    James Anthony Flowers- he is amazing and truly works with your budget and doesn't push anything on you. His idea kind of is that he can make any budget work, just need to pick the right flowers.. He is in Long Island City, 1 or 2 stops from Manhattan very much worth the trip.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker//global.theknot.com/tickers/tt
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Flowers by Emil in Brooklyn - their website isn't the greatest, but their service and pricing cannot be beat.

http://eapfbe.shutterfly.com/flowersbyemi
  • AKbklynAKbklyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im going to Flowers by Emil next week. And thanks everyone else for your suggestions!
  • edited December 2011
    I'll do doing my flowers from a man named Nick who has a shop in the Roosevelt Ave Queens subway station. His work is absolutely STUNNING and I don't think he would cost too much (I haven't talked to him myself but I'm also going to be cutting cost by adding herbs like rosemary and sage to my arrangements).

He used to work along Madison Ave/ upper east side at those high end flower boutiques, where he was a personal florist for (I kid you not) a prince of Saudi! He moved to Astoria to open his own place, just off 30th ave at 36th st. He was right around the corner from my place and I would try to go to him monthly for his unique arrangements. He's incredibly friendly so I'd sometimes just go in to chat or ask questions about my orchids, or herbs and other indoor plants. He then moved and all the people on my block I spoke to that went to him said they cried when they heard of his moving!

He is now INSIDE the Roosevelt Ave subway stop in Queens. Easy to access and an express stop for pretty much every train. I forget the name of his new shop-- will try to dig it up. He showed me pics before he moved and I have to admit the place looks a little cheesy, but his work is incredible and he's super knowledgeable.
  • LanaJadeLanaJade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Designs By Rose, and they get recommended here often on the Knot. They're in Howard Beach, and right off the Belt. They were very willing to work with my budget. A few weeks before my wedding, I thought I needed more for the ceremony, but they talked to me and made me realize that what I had was enough so that shows their character.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually wrote the Emily Thompson review and check out what I wrote about our follow up. She actually met me in the flower district and we spent the whole day looking at flowers and then ribbons later. It was the best part of my wedding planning experience. The best money I ever spent.

http://foreverisntfree.blogspot.com/2010/11/bridal-bouquet-revisited.html
    nylon26
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards