Military Brides
Options

Marrying your Military fella while he's stationed overseas?

We are planning to get married while he is home on leave next summer. He will still be based there when this happens, right before he PCS's to the states. I've read that he needs to speak to a Chaplin to find out what is required for us .... but I was wondering if any of you can give me an idea. Anyone else marry their Military fella while he was stationed overseas?

Re: Marrying your Military fella while he's stationed overseas?

• Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't understand why he would need to talk to anyone from his base, and especially not the chaplain. The chaplain is responsible for spiritual counseling (which could very well be part of marriage prep) but that has nothing to do with the logistics of where you get married. Getting married also has nothing to do with where he's stationed, unless you were trying to get married outside the US which is a whole other logistical nightmare. 

Just go to the base/post nearest your home and have him enroll you in DEERS once you get your marriage license.

ETA: If there really is some logistical issue you need to work out, head over to Military Nesties on The Nest and page AF_EODwife. I think she and her H got married in the States while he was stationed OCONUS. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww thank you so much! you have helped me with such a major concern. :) 
  • Options
    ririsriris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im gettin married n december this yr, n my fi is stationed abroad...he will b home on leave then about 3 or 4 months after, when all paper work has bn done ill be with him where ever he is posted
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And you didn't have to do anything out of the ordinary? 
  • Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The only major issue I can think of is if he's in an MOS where he's not allowed to get married, like MSG for the Marine Corps. If an E5 or below MSG Marine gets married before his MSG tour is over, s/he gets kicked off and in a lot of trouble. I've never heard of an MOS like that in the Army, so that's probably not the case here. 
    I hate Dave Ramsey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards