Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Friday Five

1.  What is the last thing you bought online?

2.  Where is the most beautiful spot on earth that you've ever seen?

3.  You can only visit one section of the bookstore - which section is it?

4.  What about yourself makes you least secure?

5.  Plans for the weekend?

Re: Friday Five

• Options
    edited December 2011
    And I'm going to answer these now since I have to go to a stupid meeting in a half hour :P

I think it was a Groupon for a spa?

The Azores - I haven't been back since I was like 5 but I till loved it

Used books

It used to be my weight before I dropped 20lbs. Now it's the freaking acne all over my face :P

DRESS FITTING!! And hair and makeup trial!! I'm so freaking excited!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    shopping right now - as we speak for bras and undies - I am on La Senza's website but will probably head over to check out Vicky's and then Gap / Old Navy shortly - on a kick for sure!

Inis Meain, Aran Islands of the western coast of Ireland - hands down, for sure, Heaven on earth!
    probably the hobby/interest section - and get lost in cookbooks galore
    would have to say my smile - I feel like my teeth aren't white enough and it drives me crazy..just bought a crest kit so will be trying that out starting Monday -crossing my fingers
    not too much - sister's bday is on Sunday so dinner with the family..but other than that not too much..taxes tomorrow and possibly looking into paper for invites/menu cards/placecards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Boring: a sample tablecloth for the wedding.  Fun: some shoes for dancing (silver sequins!)

Ooo this is a tough one.  The first thing that springs to mind in this cenote in Mexico that we went inside.  The water was so blue and there were vines hanging down. 

Non fiction, if I have to narrow it down, probably economics stuff.  Or wedding books. 

Bum, thighs/calves, and nose.  in that order. 

Gym (so I can no longer be insecure about my bum lol), FMILs birthday dinner, going out with my brother and his gf. 
  • Options
    coreywalkcoreywalk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  What is the last thing you bought online? "The FURminator" to try to get ahead of my dog's shedding--its working really well so far--its amazing how much fur it removes!

2.  Where is the most beautiful spot on earth that you've ever seen? My entire trip to Riviera Maya, Mexico--from the Mayan ruins to the beaches and agree with Ekobs on the cenotes! 

3.  You can only visit one section of the bookstore - which section is it? Fiction for sure (though I more frequently visit Half.com than bookstores), just bought "The Reliable Wife" and "Loving Frank"

4.  What about yourself makes you least secure? My thighs and my hands (my nails refuse to grow and my fingers are super crooked from years of being bashed with Field Hockey sticks!)

5.  Plans for the weekend? Headed up to North Conway with FI and Fenway (the dog!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Moom sugar hair remover from Amazon... because I couldn't find it in any local stores.

- Pyramids in Egypt... I was in awe.
    - Magnificent sunset over the open beach in Holland, MI - my hometown. The sky turns a large range of colors until it settles into a deep red for 20 minutes after the sun has disappeared.

Tough one. I can spend hours in a bookstore. Business, self-help, magazines, hobbies etc.

Thighs, chest... or lack of.

Putting together a goal inspiration board. Calling my sister. Enjoying a free dinner on Not Your Average Joe's as their birthday gift. Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So boring, natural supplement for my boxer who has horrific allergies.  He must have gotten into something because currently he's all red and having an allergic reaction to something he ate we think :( I feel so terrible for him!

Hawaii was amazing.  Particularly a place on Maui called Mama's Fish House-- the view was something that took your breath away.  (and maybe it helped that I was a few drinks in and it was our honeymoon ; ) )

True Crime...I'm such a dork

My stomach.  Lost 25 pounds but still have a ways to go.  Oh, and then my arms.  Blah

We have become addicted to 24!! Just finished Season 2 so hoping to start Season 3.  Oh, and I guess we have to break to hang out with friends. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    .  What is the last thing you bought online? I don't shop online...I'm too picky and I have to see everything in person

2.  Where is the most beautiful spot on earth that you've ever seen? Standing on the top of Vail overlooking the mountains was pretty cool.

3.  You can only visit one section of the bookstore - which section is it? Cooking

4.  What about yourself makes you least secure? my thighs or calves. I have huge calves for my size.

5.  Plans for the weekend? Skiing Killington tomorrow and celebrating the engagement with FI family sunday
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some new work clothes from Loft

I would have to say Key West FL, we took a sunset cruise downthere and it was amazing!

New Releases, II read a lot so I'm always looking for a new author

My stomach and my arms.  Wish they looked better, it's my goal for summer

Trivia night tonight, invitation shopping, working and using some of my b-day money at the mall :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  What is the last thing you bought online? New Balance Running Shoes - Last Night

2.  Where is the most beautiful spot on earth that you've ever seen? Hmmm... Tough question. I'd say Queenstown, New Zealand. Capri comes in a very close second though! 

3.  You can only visit one section of the bookstore - which section is it? Women's Fiction aka Chick Lit

4.  What about yourself makes you least secure? Weight right now - I gained 10 lbs post wedding and am just now getting motivated to get them back off!

5.  Plans for the weekend? My old college roommate is coming down from NY so probably out on the town
  • Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I paid shipping for free prints on Shutterfly...I don't remember before that!

Assisi, Italy. Breathtaking. 

The cafe ;P

I don't take enough risks. I tend to stick with what's safe or secure. 

Shopping tomorrow night with DH -Crate & Barrel and Williams-Sonoma, here we come! I love GCs....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  What is the last thing you bought online? A christmas present for FI... been trying to save money so no shopping here!

2.  Where is the most beautiful spot on earth that you've ever seen? The Amalfi Coast Italy

3.  You can only visit one section of the bookstore - which section is it? Romance... Nora Roberts is one of my fav Authors

4.  What about yourself makes you least secure? My Arms

5.  Plans for the weekend? Nothing Major... Dinner with FI tonight and maybe movies. Go to the paper source and maybe some wedding DIY
    Married September 25,2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Vendor Reviews
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  What is the last thing you bought online?  Plane tickets from Hoi An to Hanoi for our honeymoon.

2.  Where is the most beautiful spot on earth that you've ever seen? This is hard. Either Paris at dusk, Glacier National Park or Winay Winya on the trail to Machu Picchu.

3.  You can only visit one section of the bookstore - which section is it? Travel

4.  What about yourself makes you least secure? Butt/thighs and nose

5.  Plans for the weekend? Meeting with our florist to see a mock centerpiece and lunch with our officiants/grooms parents. Probably working.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  What is the last thing you bought online? Favor boxes for the wedding

2.  Where is the most beautiful spot on earth that you've ever seen? I've haven't been anywhere too exciting. So probably Aruba at sunset.

3.  You can only visit one section of the bookstore - which section is it? The children's section of course!

4.  What about yourself makes you least secure? My stretch marks.

5.  Plans for the weekend? Cake tasting, Michael's & Pro Bowl!!
    Marieke & Michael 5.14.10 Loving life with our 2 boys Anthony (3.22.08) and Dominic (due 2.14.11)!!!
  • Options
    sunshine1084sunshine1084 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! It's been so long since I've done one of these!

Thank you notes...oh the joy

Oh boy...Bermuda is definitely gorgeous.

Art/Graphic design. I can look at logos and ads alllll dayyy long (and do!)

My weight

Stacking wood followed by some serious R&R. We've been gone the past 3 weekends so it'll be nice to be at home!
  • Options
    jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Fun!

Hmmmm...maybe a groupon?  Maybe technically the other half of FI's wedding band...

Whoa, hard.  I think the Medit. Sea is gorgeous when the sun is setting, or the Rocky Mountains.  The sun rising or setting over just about anyplace is just lovely. 

Children's.  I've been collecting children's books since I was a kid!

My crooked teeth or my laugh.  I have a loud, funny laugh.  Although sometimes I like that because it makes other people laugh too.

Sit in the VWR trying to buy Red Sox tickets for the game the day after our wedding

Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_friday-five-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:85619e8d-b932-4d6d-8910-c86f6cccc55dPost:cd23d140-a152-45ff-aeb5-139372d37a93">Friday Five</a>:
    [QUOTE]<div>1.  What is the last thing you bought online? Burberry wallet for H's birthday<div>2.  Where is the most beautiful spot on earth that you've ever seen? In Fiji, either a lagoon off of Vatulele Island or In Taveuni Palms.</div><div>3.  You can only visit one section of the bookstore - which section is it? Chic Lit</div><div> 4.  What about yourself makes you least secure? hips.</div><div> 5.  Plans for the weekend? Hell no and I love it that way.
    Posted by MandahGirly[/QUOTE]

</div></div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some from Ann Taylor Loft I'm sure.. maybe jeans?

This is a toss up.. either a garden in Scotland just after it rained with flowers were in full bloom and sheep roaming in the back ground OR in the Northern part of Israel there is a waterfall that looks like it comes right out of the Garden of Eden. I can't even explain the beauty that permiated from it.

America History, non-fiction.

My skin... I hate adult acne!!! And I wish my medicine would work faster!

Nothing tonight  :) gym tomorrow, work party tomorrow night, dinner with the fil's on Sunday.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  What is the last thing you bought online? Flowers for a coworker who broke her shoulder in the parking lot last night :-(

2.  Where is the most beautiful spot on earth that you've ever seen? Angels Landing in Zion National Park was really breathtaking.

3.  You can only visit one section of the bookstore - which section is it? Cookbooks!

4.  What about yourself makes you least secure? The collective 20 pounds I have gained since DH and I moved in together. Barf.

5.  Plans for the weekend? Touring houses, visiting MIL, playing Wii. :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  What is the last thing you bought online? A pair of vintage shoes on Etsy :)

2.  Where is the most beautiful spot on earth that you've ever seen? The island of St. Lucia from a helicopter on our honeymoon!

3.  You can only visit one section of the bookstore - which section is it? The wedding section even though I'm already married.

4.  What about yourself makes you least secure? Right now...how much weight I've gained, but I'm pregnant so it's okay:) When I'm not pregnant...it's my gut that I can never completely get rid of.

5.  Plans for the weekend? Martina McBride with my mom on Saturday and Boston for my bro's b-day on Sunday:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  What is the last thing you bought online?  Two me&ro necklaces that were technically gifts from my mom to me for Christmas 

2.  Where is the most beautiful spot on earth that you've ever seen?  Trekking in the Himalayas up to the Annapurna Sanctuary - so many beautiful places and views along the way

3.  You can only visit one section of the bookstore - which section is it? Non-fiction new arrivals or Soc/Anthro/Psych/Cultural/Women Studies section

4.  What about yourself makes you least secure? weight (seems to be a common trend) - arms, stomach, thighs and my teeth

5.  Plans for the weekend? been in Las Vegas for work all week - DH is finally joining me in a couple hours!  Going out to eat at Bouchon, exploring Las Vegas, and hiking Red Rock Canyon
  • Options
    bridegirl29bridegirl29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  What is the last thing you bought online? I think it was the swatches for bridesmaid dresses

2.  Where is the most beautiful spot on earth that you've ever seen?  I would have to say any beach on the Cape at sunset.... I grew up there and it reminds me of home! It is so relaxing- I love it!

3.  You can only visit one section of the bookstore - which section is it? Either the children's books- since I am a teacher or non fiction

4.  What about yourself makes you least secure? My weight definitely, especially the weight on my belly- I am working on losing some before the wedding.

5.  Plans for the weekend? Looking for wedding bands.. and painting the kitchen, dining room, and bathroom. We are having our rehearsal dinner at our new house and need to finish remodeling everything before that.
  • Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am late on this one, got stuck at work, yuck.

work pants
    The view of the African plains from a hot air balloon, it was amazing1
    Mystery
    cellulite
    Cleaning, gym and invites
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  What is the last thing you bought online? Clickfree computer backup gizmo.

2.  Where is the most beautiful spot on earth that you've ever seen? Monaco. It's a like a movie.

3.  You can only visit one section of the bookstore - which section is it? Biographies.

4.  What about yourself makes you least secure? My skin. How am I 30 and breaking out like I'm 15? At least it's only one zit at a time now...

5.  Plans for the weekend? Going to a couple of tux places and seeing what FI likes. Maybe some NWR shopping.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards