August 2013 Weddings

Good morning ladies!

Just thought I would start a random thread on here since I am falling asleep at my desk and desperately need entertainment.

How were your weekends? Any good v-day stories?

James and I went to see The Vaccines and the Hives, was good. Also we tried to go to Disneyland, but when we got there they told us it was a blackout day. Blast!! Ended up seeing Warm Bodies instead. It was enjoyable and the main actor is yummy.
Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
March siggy:THE DRESS
photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg

Re: Good morning ladies!

• I had a very good weekend! Went shopping for BM dresses with the girls and they all ordered theirs! Then FI and I went out with our parents (free beer! woo!) I also got to try on my dress and it fit like a glove (except for the bust which will need to be taken in about 3 sizes.....I'm so not chesty)

For V Day I made crab legs for the first time. My mom always makes them on xmas eve and they are soooo delicious and easy! Just pretty expensive here in the middle of the country!

I decided that since doing cake tastings from 200 miles away is just not going to work I'm going to call a few bakeries that I've had cakes from before and have them give me a rough idea of price, then book based on that alone. Then FI and I can go for a cake tasting whenever it's convenient for us just to choose flavors.
  • Wow I'm impressed about the crab legs! I wouldn't even think to make those, but I love them. Swankyyy!

I am having a hard time deciding what to do about cakes too. Yesterday afternoon I contacted a couple of places in Vegas and arranged a cake tasting at one for April, when I'm going there next. The reviews are only so-so, though, so we'll see.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
  • Yeah, cake is turning out to be the biggest headache, which I did not anticipate at all. It's low on my priority list, too, so that doesn't help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards