Flowers

Purple flowers

Hey there, hoping for some input as I am clueless when it comes to different types of flowers and whatnot.

We're using purple hydrangeas for our centrepieces and a few other decorations, and we had originally chosen light purple/lavendar roses for the bride and MOH bouquets, the bouts for the groom and BMan, and for the two FG's and the RB. The BM's, GM's, and parents were all to have white/cream roses. I was thinking of doing a combo of purple and white for my bouquet. 

When we went to the florist, the roses she has are more of a light pink colour than the purple I was going for. I'm not too picky and at first I was okay with it, but now I'm thinking that I want to change to a more purple flower - more of a deeper, rich purple. I already have the hydrangeas and there's going to be alot of colour variation there.

Does anyone have any suggestions for purple, and therefore white, flowers for our WP?

Re: Purple flowers

• Calla lillies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ditto PP!  I'm doing those same colors and I'm having eggplant calla lilies - you can also get calla lilies that are white on the outside and dark purple in the middle: http://lelefloral.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-post_10.html
    I'm also doing lavender freesia and I think some burgundy dahlias (not quite purple purple but it goes well). 

For white I'm doing anenomes with black centers, gerber daisies with black centers, and stephanotis.  GL!
    127image 88image 39imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Stock comes in a great dark purple color as do lisianthus (comes in light and dark purple).

• Other deep purple flowers are iris, delphinium, stattice, mums, and cockscomb.  All are available in white too. 
  • I love stock. Purple snapdragons is another option.
  • Stock smells amazing! Lisianthus are very pretty and delicate and come in a deep purple as well as a variegated white and purple. Celosia has a fuzzy texture and vivid colours. There are some really nice carnations in shades of purple. I think they are called moonshade.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards